No 2213sc powder in Qld

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

ecomeat

No 2213sc powder in Qld

#1 Postby ecomeat » Wed May 29, 2013 9:36 pm

Anyone from interstate who was hoping to buy 2213sc gun powder In Qlld for the NRA Queens in three weeks time is in trouble, and you definitely need to try to source it in your own state. and bring it with you.
Q Store/Shooten Stuff at Belmont have sold out, and know they won't have any in their next two gunpowder deliveries.
Qld Gun Exchange don't have any, and have it on back order
Cleavers don't have any and have it on back order
Rebel don't have any and have it on back order
Pine Rivers don't have any and have it on back order.
The US version has apparently been in short supply for months, and it seems that it might now be our turn.
Rgds
Tony
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

Paul Janzso

#2 Postby Paul Janzso » Fri May 31, 2013 10:35 am

I have 1.5 kg spare. I purchased it hoping it would work in my 300 Win Mag. But it didn't. I also have a partly used tub that I opened for the load testing.
Cheers
Paul
Time's a wasted wot's not spent shooti'n BARNARD 300WSM's

DaveMc

#3 Postby DaveMc » Fri May 31, 2013 10:50 am

hi Paul,
Have you got a batch number??

RDavies

#4 Postby RDavies » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:00 am

I found out QRA was out of powder when I dropped in to pick up stocks for myself and friends since NSW has been out of powder for the last year. Soon we might have black market powder dealers selling it in $100 baggies. :cry:

AndrewP

#5 Postby AndrewP » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:07 pm

This note was posted on ADI's website, dated 6/06/13

"Disruptions to powder supply

6 June 2013

ADI Powders are aware that some of our customers may have lately experienced some difficulty in getting hold of some of our powders. We are aware of some temporary disruptions to powder supply at the moment, resulting in a few localised powder shortages. These disruptions are due to a combination of several factors, including regulatory changes, operational changes by transport contractors, and changes to our distribution arrangements. We are working with our distributor to address the issues created by these changes."

RAVEN

#6 Postby RAVEN » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:43 pm

distribution arrangements
This will be a big problem thier new distributor doesn't have a good rep

Seddo

#7 Postby Seddo » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:01 pm

we are going to have to start keeping more components on the shelf so we don't run out. Since the yanks went silly last year I have decided to start stocking up on everything so I don't get caught out in the future. I see this as a common place in the future.
----------------------
Seddo

Moe City Rifle Club

DenisA

#8 Postby DenisA » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:11 am

I asked about it at Shoot'n Stuff on the weekend. Apparently NIOA's contract with ADI is almost finished and being taken over by Winchester Australia. Nioa are out of AR2213sc and until Winchester are distributing no more will be supplied. Might be a long haul.

I stand to be corrected on the finer details, but I believe that's the general gist of things.

Return to “General Forum”