Mirage - the best article that I have yet seen

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

ecomeat

Mirage - the best article that I have yet seen

#1 Postby ecomeat » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:17 am

The following link will take you to a Texas, USA based training article on mirage and coping with it.
It's certainly the best one that I have seen so far.
I can see a few laminated copies of the final image (figure eight) appearing on the firing line
Tony

http://southtexasshooting.org/multimedi ... irage.html
:) :)
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

johnk

#2 Postby johnk » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:28 am

Noice. Thanks, Tony.

aaronraad

#3 Postby aaronraad » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:19 pm

That reminds me, there was also an interesting article on "Understanding A Ground Level Temperature Inversion And Its Effects On True Target Position" by Robert E. Korenke in the 2014 Winter edition of the Varmint Hunters Magazine I received last Friday.

Mirage of the land mass instead of sky, which normally looks like a pool of shimmering water. Instead the light is bent upside-down, effectively letting you see further. This link as explains the type of mirage that Korenke describes in the article.

http://salares.net/?en_mirage,28

Typically occurs at first light on winter mornings, but can take place at other times when the elements are all correct.
Be careful what you aim for, you might hit it! Antipodean Industrial - Home of the G7L projectiles

Chopper

#4 Postby Chopper » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:49 pm

Temperature inversion is a great topic which is hard to see , early morning and late afternoon , I think, the flags are almost hanging and you think your going to get them , but you go up and down, sometimes you stop and look at other targets and see five or more all out at ten oclock, but you shoot and get one too :? but what a great indicater , and you have ignored it, sometimes a twenty power next to you is good, :D Chop

aaronraad

#5 Postby aaronraad » Sun May 25, 2014 3:54 pm

aaronraad wrote:That reminds me, there was also an interesting article on "Understanding A Ground Level Temperature Inversion And Its Effects On True Target Position" by Robert E. Korenke in the 2014 Winter edition of the Varmint Hunters Magazine I received last Friday.

The VHA seem to have a link to the full magazine available, for now page 151:

http://www.varminthunter.org/Portals/0/DigitalMag/Winter2014_Issue89.pdf
Be careful what you aim for, you might hit it! Antipodean Industrial - Home of the G7L projectiles

Return to “General Forum”