ICFRA Target Rifle Rules

If you shoot full-bore, then you're welcome to use this forum to discuss your sport.

Moderator: Mod

richmac

ICFRA Target Rifle Rules

#1 Postby richmac » Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:15 pm

Hi All
Now that we all now shoot on the ICFRA targets has anyone had a look at the ICFRA TR shooting rules http://www.nraa.com.au/pubs/icfra/icfra_rules.pdf.
I know that we all still have to abide with the SSR's here in Australia.
I thought that adopting these targets this would mean that we all would shoot the same all over the world.At a glance the trigger weight is 1/2 kg and no weight restriction on target rifles...........Interesting
cheers Rich :roll:

johnk

#2 Postby johnk » Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:11 pm

Rich,

You won't find many countries shooting TR to those rules. I think South Africa does, or goes close, but the Brits use their targets & rules at Bisley, the US shooters shoot to the any calibre/any rifle weight in their Palma more often than the ICFRA .308/155.5 Palma. Except for the States, I think most still use a 6.5 kg rifle weight & their domestic trigger limitation (1.5kg in Britain for example; any safe trigger in New Zealand).

The ICFRA Championships in Brisbane in October will be shot with a 1 kg minimum trigger weight as is noted on the NRAA championship web site: http://www.2011.nraa.com.au/

John

richmac

Icfra Targets

#3 Postby richmac » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:57 am

Hi John
I had a look at the rules on the Site you sent ICFRA Australia match rules
Its strange that the rules written under rifles and equipment
a5.1 Competitors from each country will use their own rifles which must conform to TR ICFRA specifications
a5.2 The Rules For ICFRA Target rifle shall apply.
The rules are written but they will not be followed in the event,.eg trigger weight and rifle weight.
just my 2 cents worth
Cheers Rich

Return to “Full-bore/Target Rifle”