‘Project 223 Overkill’

If you take a pride in the appearance of your rifle(s) and other gear, post a photo and give us some commentary.

Moderator: Mod

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Central Desert
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

‘Project 223 Overkill’

#1 Postby Central Desert » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:45 pm

IMG_1265.JPGIMG_1264.JPGIMG_1263.JPG

This use to be a Remington 700P in 223, now ‘Project 223 Overkill’
 Accuracy International AX stock
 Action and bolt trued
 Tactical bolt knob
 Rifle Basix trigger set at 1lb
 Aftermarket .3 recoil lug
 28” fluted TrueFlite #8 contour with 1:8 twist, 11 degree target crown
 Aftermarket bag rider
 Farrell 0-MOA picatinny rail
 Farrell 1” rings
 Leupold 8.5–25 x50 scope
Smithed by Ziersch Custom Rifles, South Australia
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

SunnyCoast 5r

Re: ‘Project 223 Overkill’

#2 Postby SunnyCoast 5r » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:11 pm

Nice!
What are you mainly using it for if you don’t mind me asking? And which magazines would you recommend (AICS pattern I presume)?
Very tidy.

Central Desert

Re: ‘Project 223 Overkill’

#3 Postby Central Desert » Sun Mar 04, 2018 11:53 pm

Sunny coast,
I normally shoot only in the cooler months late March to late October, with my job I can take a week day off and have the range to myself most of the time. Have you heard of ‘Steel Varmint’ shooting ? It’s across between benchrest and silhouette. I just purchased some 6” & 4” round steel targets and will give this ago when i’m at the range shooting 200-500m. No one at my club interested just me.

That said,there is a f-class match held on the next range so I might give that a go with 300-600m match. Thinking about changing scope to vortex 10-60 Golden Eagle.

Currently using Sierra 69gr HPBT, gunsmith made up a dumbing round 5thou off lands to help me judge depth when reloading.

Yes use AI mags, no dramas with them.

Return to “Photos of Rifles etc.”