FCWC 2017 in Canada - Nominations

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

IanP

#76 Postby IanP » Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:50 pm

bsouthernau wrote:And as Lewis Carroll wrote ".... what I tell you three times must be true." I concur with Alan and Dave.

Incidentally Ian - I saw a picture of you with a Seb joypod on the Murray Bridge website this morning. I'd dearly like to get my hands on one of these. Any ideas?

Barry

Barry, It was a prototype of Seb's new joypod. Seb contacted me and offered me the opportunity to test it and provide feedback to him. It works fantastically well and simplifies accurate sighting off of a bipod.

Long story short, when I got hit by my bout of arthritis that meant I could not go to Raton, I offered it, (with Seb's permission) to Michael Willment who as you know was in the F T/R team. Michael now has the bipod and I believe he took it to Raton as I hoped he would, but did not shoot with it. Maybe Michael would sell it to you as he is now back shooting F-Open. Its worth pursuing as it is unbelievable light and provides quick alignment.

Ian

PS Robby Carnell is the Seb agent in Oz and can be contacted here: http://www.benchrestbulletin.net/drupal/catalog

bsouthernau

#77 Postby bsouthernau » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:41 pm

IanP wrote: I offered it, (with Seb's permission) to Michael Willment who as you know was in the F T/R team. Michael now has the bipod and I believe he took it to Raton as I hoped he would, but did not shoot with it. Maybe Michael would sell it to you as he is now back shooting F-Open. Its worth pursuing as it is unbelievable light and provides quick alignment.

Ian

PS Robby Carnell is the Seb agent in Oz and can be contacted here: http://www.benchrestbulletin.net/drupal/catalog

Thanks Ian. One day at Raton I was squadded with Mid Tompkins who was using one. Michael didn't use it over there but put it to great effect in the SA Queens last October so I imagine he'd be unwilling to part with it. No harm in asking though. I've been in touch with Rob and with BRT who are also handling Seb's stuff now - no joy with either.

Cheers

ecomeat

#78 Postby ecomeat » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:05 am

ecomeat wrote:As a newbie......I am now 59 y.o. but had never been on a rifle range 30 months ago....I can tell you that it is quite intimidating stepping up from your local Club shoots to try OPMs. And it's bloody HUGELY intimidating to turn up at your first Queens.
You old hands might scoff at it, but I can guarantee you that a LOT of those shooters who only shoot locally, and tell you that they simply don't want to aim any higher, are telling you big porkies. Most are actually scared to death of coming last and embarrassing themselves. I certainly was.

A forum member has angrily accused me of calling them a "Liar", by my statement that "Most are actually scared to death of coming last and embarrassing themselves".
I unreservedly apologise for any offence caused by my remarks as it was definitely not my intention to call anyone a liar.
Anything and everything that I posted was in a general sense, and in a discussion about how to "ride the wave" and to increase numbers on the mound.
I am genuinely sorry to anyone who was offended by my remarks. I only ever intended to participate in a positive way to help to grow our sport :-# :-#
Tony Berry
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

aaronraad

#79 Postby aaronraad » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:36 am

ecomeat wrote:
ecomeat wrote:As a newbie......I am now 59 y.o. but had never been on a rifle range 30 months ago....I can tell you that it is quite intimidating stepping up from your local Club shoots to try OPMs. And it's bloody HUGELY intimidating to turn up at your first Queens.
You old hands might scoff at it, but I can guarantee you that a LOT of those shooters who only shoot locally, and tell you that they simply don't want to aim any higher, are telling you big porkies. Most are actually scared to death of coming last and embarrassing themselves. I certainly was.

A forum member has angrily accused me of calling them a "Liar", by my statement that "Most are actually scared to death of coming last and embarrassing themselves".
I unreservedly apologise for any offence caused by my remarks as it was definitely not my intention to call anyone a liar.
Anything and everything that I posted was in a general sense, and in a discussion about how to "ride the wave" and to increase numbers on the mound.
I am genuinely sorry to anyone who was offended by my remarks. I only ever intended to participate in a positive way to help to grow our sport :-# :-#
Tony Berry

LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: and who said 'we always hurt the ones we love'

Now I'm thinking about adding a disclaimer to my signature, to 'unreservedly apologise for any offence caused by my remarks previous, now or in the future'.

The media coverage of the Schapelle case must be severely traumatising that forum member?

You're alright Tony and I always take the time to read your comments, as I'm sure our Moderator/Administrator does...just be careful using the word 'old' around here. :wink:
Be careful what you aim for, you might hit it! Antipodean Industrial - Home of the G7L projectiles

AlanF

#80 Postby AlanF » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:44 am

Tony,

A generalisation is not a lie, particularly when you used the word "most", which implies there ARE exceptions to the generalisation. You make a substantial and entertaining contribution to the forums, so I hope this puzzling complaint is not going to change that.

Alan

Brad Y

#81 Postby Brad Y » Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:46 pm

In other words Tony, stuff em and if they cant hack a few words, then can hide behind a keyboard and sook. I'll see you on the firing line putting my money where my over emphatic mouth is :lol: :lol: :lol:

John T

FCWC CONNAUGHT 2017. NOMINATIONS

#82 Postby John T » Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:01 pm

The call for nominations for Captain of each Team will be after the NRAA Board meeting in February 2015.

The Captains will appoint their Managers, to be approved by the NRAA.

Nominations for Team Membership will be called in about mid 2015, with the intent that nomination will be completed by early August 2015, at least two years prior to departure.

This information has been supplied by the NRAA office.

Regards,
John Tracey.

Return to “Events”