who is sticking around for the tazzy queens after the teams?

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

bartman007

Time's a wasted wot's not spent shooti'n BARNARD 300WSM's

#16 Postby bartman007 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:17 pm

Danny you will thank me once you get it all going!

And as for Maree, she won't like the recoil so you'll be safe there 8)

I'll get some 215's as well, however I think we should just run the 230's a little slower due to the higher BC. A couple of the others are playing with the 185's but I don't reckon that's worthwhile for the team. I think we either run the 215's and 230's, or the 7mm's with 180 grainers.

Catch you next week at Bendigo and we can talk about it then. Have to get it ordered asap, because there is a bit of load development to get it all going in time!

Cheers.

BATattack

#17 Postby BATattack » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:32 pm

ecomeat wrote:
BATattack wrote:The way I think of it is if you want to be the best you have to beat the best and generally learn more from loosing than winning. Taking home a gold medal shooting against the world's best would be something to be very proud of!

Adam,
Truer words were never spoken. That is exactly why this is looking like being an extraordinarily competetive couple of days .
For the young and old highly experienced ones it will simply be a great competition, with some interstate pride at stake in the battle for a years worth of bragging rights, and for the "newer faces"........old crusty newbies like me, and some very talented younger ones, it will be the opportunity of a lifetime to look, to learn, to watch and listen and just take it all in
I think a lot of us will leave Tasmania with far more than we went with, regardless of who eventually wins.
Now we just have to get our tactics in order.........trying to wreck Davies/Paroz/Ferrara etc with alcohol didn't really work so well at Canberra.

What would you suggest are the weaker areas in the Vic team, Adam ?
Oh and Bartman..........what do you think is the most vulnerable area of those South Australians that the WA and NT contingents could work on ....?

I don't think there will be to many teams with a weakness. I recon there will be teams that have more strengths or experience in certain conditions. The NQ boys should have some uber accurate rifles, the vics should have a well rounded experienced team, sa might do well if the conditions get gnarly but there will be a lot of hidden talent so it will be interesting to see who's on top when the music stops!

AlanF

#18 Postby AlanF » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:39 pm

Danny, Mike,

What are you doing revealing all our secrets? If the other F-Std teams find out Danny's taking a WSM they'll bring Win Mags!

Alan

bartman007

Time's a wasted wot's not spent shooti'n BARNARD 300WSM's

#19 Postby bartman007 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:51 pm

Alan, you're right. I though it was a PM, not a post in the forum.

My bad.

DOH!

BATattack

#20 Postby BATattack » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:54 am

AlanF wrote:Danny, Mike,

What are you doing revealing all our secrets? If the other F-Std teams find out Danny's taking a WSM they'll bring Win Mags!

Alan

Gees I thought you would have your boys more disciplined than that Alan?! Maybe you should sit them down for some media training??

AlanF

#21 Postby AlanF » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:29 am

Adam,

Unfortunately the only media they know about goes in a case cleaning tumbler.

Alan

DannyS

#22 Postby DannyS » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:11 pm

Gee, thanks, Alan. :oops:

BATattack

#23 Postby BATattack » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:52 pm

AlanF wrote:Adam,

Unfortunately the only media they know about goes in a case cleaning tumbler.

Alan

Haha we need a "like" button!!

Are you hanging around Alan?

AlanF

#24 Postby AlanF » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:54 am

BATattack wrote:Are you hanging around Alan?

Adam,

I'm not in the team, but the promise of a big F-Open field may lure me to Tassie for the first time for the Queens series. Hopefully the team shooters will be worn out and/or hung over at that stage, so I should be competitive :D .

Alan

BATattack

#25 Postby BATattack » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:48 pm

AlanF wrote:
BATattack wrote:Are you hanging around Alan?

Adam,

I'm not in the team, but the promise of a big F-Open field may lure me to Tassie for the first time for the Queens series. Hopefully the team shooters will be worn out and/or hung over at that stage, so I should be competitive :D .

Alan

Cunning plan that may pay dividends!

Return to “Events”