Target move

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

balcom

Target move

#1 Postby balcom » Tue May 22, 2007 8:32 am

The F O people will be moving targets at diff ranges same as last year at the Nats in June
PeterH

Ken L

#2 Postby Ken L » Tue May 22, 2007 4:24 pm

Thats interesting! :roll:
Now I wunder if some grumpy old fart of FB shooter will put in protest that the shooters squaded next to the FO target are getting an advantage as it is far harder to shoot on the wrong target if it looks different from the rest otherwise why do they put up dummy targets at the ends of the gallery.
Of course that could be avoided if the FS shooters were squaded either side of the FO target so no FB shooter was actualy shooting next to the FO target.
And another point of interest .
Will the same marker move along with the FO Target or are they going to train each and every marker in the different scoring style for FO ????
I know of some markers that have favourite marking frames that they have used for many years and have then tuned up and balanced to their requirements and dont like being put on other frames.
:D :evil: :)

Lynn Otto

#3 Postby Lynn Otto » Tue May 22, 2007 6:52 pm

Whats really funny Ken, is that we have had FB shooters crossfire onto an FO target more than once here, of course all that white on the target is very off-putting to a FB shooter, obviously, lol. :D

balcom

#4 Postby balcom » Wed May 23, 2007 9:03 am

Ken L wrote:Thats interesting! :roll:
Now I wunder if some grumpy old fart of FB shooter will put in protest that the shooters squaded next to the FO target are getting an advantage as it is far harder to shoot on the wrong target if it looks different from the rest otherwise why do they put up dummy targets at the ends of the gallery.
Of course that could be avoided if the FS shooters were squaded either side of the FO target so no FB shooter was actualy shooting next to the FO target.
And another point of interest .
Will the same marker move along with the FO Target or are they going to train each and every marker in the different scoring style for FO ????
I know of some markers that have favourite marking frames that they have used for many years and have then tuned up and balanced to their requirements and dont like being put on other frames.
:D :evil: :)

You didn't complain about it last year Ken, nobody did because thats the way they wanted it to be.
PeterH

AlanF

#5 Postby AlanF » Wed May 23, 2007 5:15 pm

Good to see you back online Peter. Regarding Ken's point about markers staying with the open target, I believe it would lead to better marking if they do. Otherwise you tend to get a few "9 instead of 10" errors with the wand (and vice versa). I've done it myself - you get in the groove of the maximum score being in the middle, then have to change to maximum score on the right. The shooter can challenge of course, but the interruption can cost you points. So if you have any influence over the marking, perhaps you could ask the question?

Alan :)

Ken L

#6 Postby Ken L » Wed May 23, 2007 5:59 pm

You didn't complain about it last year Ken, nobody did because thats the way they wanted it to be.
PeterH

Wasn't there last year and didn't know anything about it.

I personaly dont have any problems with moving or staying in the one position as long as the marking is consistant.

balcom

#7 Postby balcom » Thu May 24, 2007 12:05 pm

AlanF wrote:Good to see you back online Peter. Regarding Ken's point about markers staying with the open target, I believe it would lead to better marking if they do. Otherwise you tend to get a few "9 instead of 10" errors with the wand (and vice versa). I've done it myself - you get in the groove of the maximum score being in the middle, then have to change to maximum score on the right. The shooter can challenge of course, but the interruption can cost you points. So if you have any influence over the marking, perhaps you could ask the question?

Alan :)

Hi Alan,\I do have influence, the marker moved with the target last year & will again this year.
Cheers PeterH

Return to “Events”