No 1 DRA Prize Meeting

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Daniel

No 1 DRA Prize Meeting

#1 Postby Daniel » Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:59 pm

Recently obtained info regarding this shoot says that the published dates in the current issue of ATR are incorrect.
The dates published on the flyer distributed in Warracknabeal are September 1 & 2. Saturday shooting 3, 4, 5 and 600 yards. Sunday - 7, 5 and 600.
Lucky door prize of a barrel to be won.
Hope to see plenty of shooters there this year.

AlanF

#2 Postby AlanF » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:52 am

This OPM is now confirmed as the first leg of the 2007-08 F-Open Series. It will be based on the Sunday scores at 700, 500 and 600yd. We had a great turnout last year of 20 F-Open, mostly from SSAA Portland. If we get similar numbers from Portland this year (Daniel?), plus hopefully 8 or 10 from Vic, this could break the Australian record for F-Open attendance at any shoot. And if you're reading this Raven, get that bus fired up and bring a few SA shooters across. It would be great to make this an annual get-together.

Matt Paroz has just left F-Open because of lack of numbers. We need to send a message to anyone else thinking of pulling the pin that F-Open is alive and well and growing in Vic!! 8)

Alan

RAVEN

#3 Postby RAVEN » Sat Jul 28, 2007 1:48 am

Yes Alan I am reading this and have distributed the flyer at our club
I am keen to go just have to weasel out of a booked engagement :( as I thought it was on the 8th & 9th the same weekend as SA 4&5 DRA OPM
SO I will see how I go.
Cheers
RB

AlanF

#4 Postby AlanF » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:29 pm

Richard,

It might be a good opportunity to promote the SA Queens. Particularly the Portland people are a reasonable distance from Lower Light. Other than myself, I don't know of any other F-Open definites from Vic yet, but am working on a couple!

Alan

Wimmera1

#5 Postby Wimmera1 » Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:24 pm

Less than 3 weeks to the No 1 DRA prize Meeting at Horsham, Sorry about the mix up with dates in the Target magazine, The PM is definitely on the 1-2 of Sept and not as originally listed in the Mag.

We are looking forward to the support of the F Class Fraternity once again, last year it was phenominal. This year we actually have more F Class badges than full bore (that must be a first). Ranges are 3,4,5 and 6 on Sat and 7,5 and 6 on Sunday. For F Open we have got the new F Open targets for 700, flown in specially from the NSWRA, $12.50 per aiming mark and $2.50 per centre. I am expecting delivery of all of the other F Open aiming marks and centres this week as well.

I will continue to post more info in the lead up to the event

Geoff Evans
No1 DRA Captain

AlanF

#6 Postby AlanF » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:03 pm

Sounds good Geoff.

Any chance of an electronic copy of the flyer so I can make it available for download?

Alan

Wimmera1

#7 Postby Wimmera1 » Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:21 pm

No 1 PM at Horsham less than 2 weeks away, hope you are all planning to come. I reckon this would have to be the first OPM in Oz where the number of F Class badges is more than for Target Rifle. We have 4 FO, 3FA and 3 FB. (Compared to 5A, 3B and 1C in Target Rifle). Entry is $40 for 2 days ($20 for one). We are budgeting for 60 shooters and most prizes will be money. (prize pool dependent on entries). Competitor marking will mean more money for prizes. Most shooters could expect to mark for 4 shooters at one range on each day.

We have a lucky entry prize of a new barrel OF YOUR CHOICE OF CAL. In the past we have given away a .308 barrel but this year we are acknowledging the fact that some shooters may prefer a different cal. This means that we wont actually have the barrel to give away on the day but rather it will be sent to the winner direct from the supplier. (if a different cal from 308 is chosen and it costs more than the standard 308 then winner would be expected to pay difference).

please contact Geoff on 0418 485 500 for more info.

rainbow

#8 Postby rainbow » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:28 pm

Alan,

I was wondering if you've had a chance to scan the poster I gave you at bendigo ( for No. 1 DRA's Prize Meeting).
And on your results page for the tri-teams. Just a minor point of order, I shoot for Warracknabeal. Not Horsham!!...(I was just delivering the posters on DRA's behalf)..

And for those needing directions to the Horsham range. Travelling on the western highway (between Melb-Adel) ;
: If your travelling from Melb. enter town, follow highway traffic over wimmera river (bridge), take either exit from next round-a-bout, turn left at next set of traffic lights (now your in Wilson st..which becomes wimmera highway once you exit town in westerly direction), drive approx. 5km's to range on your left side. Gateway is just before a slight "S-bend" in the road.

: If your approaching from Adelaide side. (shortest direct route).. is to turn off Western Highway to the right at the slight lefthand bend as you pass the Case farm-machinery yard on western outskirts of Horsham, (there is a junction of two roads here, so take the bitumen road to the left), procceed for approx. 2.5km's to the Wimmera highway intersection, turn right and travel about 4.5km's to the range.
(or if you'd like to visit town first)... traffic light intersection at southern /or bottom end of shopping centre ( Wilson st.) is the one to follow west.

(hope that was helpful, and not too repetitive)

hope to see a lot of you there
Stuart. S

AlanF

#9 Postby AlanF » Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:42 pm

Stuart,

Sorry about the club - will fix it up tonight.

Regarding, the flyer, I received an electronic copy last night from Geoff Evans, and it is now available in Acrobat format for download HERE.

Looking forward to the shoot. Most of the Open shooters from the Tri-Teams will be there, plus a few others, and Daniel Bennett and his crew from Portland, and maybe even a couple from SA. And no doubt F-Std will be there in force to try to not to be outdone numberswise (again!) :D :D

Alan

Wimmera1

#10 Postby Wimmera1 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:45 pm

We finally got our F Open aiming marks in the post on Friday and made up 3 targets for each Range. We now have 3x300, 3x4,500 and 3x6,700. The aiming marks are sure expensive compared to standard targets but at least you guys have the real thing to shoot on. At Horsham we try and stick to 8 shooters per target which means that each competitor marks for half of one range, ie 4 shooters. If necessary we will put more shooters than 8 on each target. I am sure that those who do come and visit the target gallery for marking duties will be impressed by our 'patented' way in which we attach our targets to the target mechanism, takes about 4 seconds to fit a target to the frame and vice versa to remove it.

All prizes will be money, been there and done that with trophies, our No 1 DRA have concluded that most people appreciate a bit of cash. We dont aim to make a profit, after expenses (badges, payement for one butts officer and target requisites) all money will be distributed to range and aggregate winners (1st 2nd and 3rd) proportional to entry money collected for that division. There may have to be some fine tuning dependant on entries numbers per division but the general principle will be that described above. We will be stopping for lunch each day to give our caterers a chance to sell a bit of food. with only 8 shooters per target we usually have plenty of time to get things through.

It will be walk-up start at 300 with a redraw to 8 per target for 400 which will be kept for the rest of weekend. We hope to fire the first shot at around 0900. The weather at Horsham has been magnificent for the last 2 weeks in fact its getting dry again. This week is forecast to be fine, lets hope it holds out until after the weekend. Ther range is truely a picture at the moment

We are only in need of one more thing, THAT IS FOR ALL YOU F CLASSERS TO TURN UP, We promise you a great feast of shooting in just 6 more sleeps time

Hope to see you here at HORSHAM. Cheers from Geoff

The ra

RAVEN

#11 Postby RAVEN » Sun Sep 02, 2007 11:31 pm

Thanx No1DRA
A very well run OPM had a great time and was able to meet some old and new acquaintances
Will be back in 08
=D> =D> =D>

AlanF

#12 Postby AlanF » Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:43 am

RAVEN wrote:Thanx No1DRA
A very well run OPM had a great time and was able to meet some old and new acquaintances
Will be back in 08
=D> =D> =D>

Yes, I'll endorse those comments - a very well run and friendly OPM. Many thanks to Geoff Evans and the others involved in the preparation and the running. It deserved to be well supported by F-Class shooters and it certainly was, with more than 50% of the approximately 60 entries being scope shooters, thanks again to a big showing form Portland SSAA shooters, and to those who managed to evade the border patrols and infiltrate from SA :shock: . Hopefully this can become an annual get-together.

The grinners were Jenny Davies in F-Std A, Kasey Bell in F-Std B, and WA "import" Shane Quaintmere finally hit his straps to win a very competitive F-Open. Congrats to all of them, and the numerous others who had some very good range performances over the two days.

I'll have full results available here soon.

Alan

AlanF

#13 Postby AlanF » Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:13 pm

F Class Std A : Jenny Davies 404, Adam Davies 400, Stuart Sluggett 398, Gary Hunt 392, James Keyte 390, Mark Heyward 390
F Class Std B : Casey Bell 393, Richard Lane 388, Noel Uren 385, Frank Barnes Snr 378, Phil Showler 362, Jim Showler 360, Garrod Karner 347, Barry Roennfeldt 341, Dylan Showler 332
F Class Open : Shane Quaintmere 678, Stuart Braund 673, Richard Braund 668, Alan Fraser 667, Paul McCarthy 666, Daniel Bennett 663, Alan Taylor 659, Helen Davis 649, Stephen Davis 648, Wayne MacFarlane 648, Patrick Jones 646, Barry Davies 643, Roger Teal 632, Harley Davis 631, Vicki McCarthy 626

RAVEN

#14 Postby RAVEN » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:53 pm

Image[/url]

Before they put the battries in the flags
What a great looking range well prepared Horsham club
Last edited by RAVEN on Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RAVEN

#15 Postby RAVEN » Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:56 pm

Every body getting ready @ 700

Return to “Events”