SYDNEY QUEENS

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

RAVEN

#16 Postby RAVEN » Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:44 pm

Well shot Matt certainly clawed your way back =D>
Well done to Barb in F-Std and Mal Henderson for their wins and to KB the most traveller FO shooter in Australia hope to see U in SA =D> =D> =D> :)

Barrie
I agree FS is a class of it own that’s why IMO they should be squadded together and not with FB as a different grade and I understand that we may disagree on that 1 :)
Q: were FS squadded with FB or did they have their own targets
Cheer
RB

#17 Postby Guest » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:17 pm

Hi Richard,
Re squadding of FS, Actually I agree with you, and in addition I would like to see FS with their own Distinctive target, however the masses seem to want otherwise and if it is in the best interests of FS as a whole then I go along with them ( the masses).
FS is only young yet and who knows what the rank and file will want in a couple of years or less. The standard of shooting in FS is improving rapidly, more possibles are being scored and shoot off's are increasing so I think it's inevitable changes will occur.
Barry

Matt P

#18 Postby Matt P » Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:04 pm

I like the the idea of using the shoot off type target all the time and score it 6,5,4 or 10,9,8 doesn't really matter, I'm sure this will come sooner rather the latter. One big plus about being squaded with TR is we get to mix with TR people and hopefully convince the minority that F Class is good thing for the sport and we're not that different than them and I think this is one of the reasons FS has prospered and FO is lagging behind, at most shoots there hasn't been much interaction between FO and TR so neither appreciates what the other does.
It seems a small but powerful minority @ the NSWRA don't have a lot of time for F Class even though they took nearly an extra $4000 (Queens only) in entry fee's for very little extra cost.
I beleive most if not all shooters strive for a badge, it was very disapointing, the lack of badges for the Queens, but was almost unbeleivable that there were NO badges for the lead up.
If the NSWRA is fair dinkum about running the "BEST QUEENS EVER" in 2010 to celebrate it's 150 years, it's got alot of work to do !!!
Matt P

RAVEN

#19 Postby RAVEN » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:22 pm

U have a point there matt I suppose Barry there are swings and rounder bout with all these things
good Shooting :)
RB

AlanF

#20 Postby AlanF » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:50 am

Matt P wrote:...I beleive most if not all shooters strive for a badge, it was very disapointing, the lack of badges for the Queens, but was almost unbeleivable that there were NO badges for the lead up...

Next year, all those thinking of going to the NSW Queens, and you can count me among them, should make a point of asking about F-Class badges in the months leading up to the event, and they might get the message.

Alan

#21 Postby Guest » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:13 am

Better idea Alan, refuse to support ANY meeting that does not give equal recognition to F Class, but don't keep it to yourself, tell all and sundry.
THEN they will get the message.
Barry

Andrew~Smith

Well done

#22 Postby Andrew~Smith » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:24 pm

I'd like to say a big WELL DONE to Dennis Shallis and Mal Henderson who both shoot F Open at my club Southern Highlands Rifle Club . These guys are both great shooters and great supporters of our club and the sport !
I look forward to getting to the Queens and many more events over the next 12 months . Andrew smith

Return to “Events”