F-Class World Championships 2023

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

John T

Re: F-Class World Championships 2023

#91 Postby John T » Thu Mar 30, 2023 6:35 pm

In about 6 hours or so the Captains Meeting will vote on which country will host the 2030 FCWC.

Ireland, which has a long tradition of long range shooting, put in a bid, of sorts, in 2013 and again in 2017, which Australia supported.

If Ireland will commit to permanent attendance at FCWC, it would have my vote. Otherwise, we must bid.

willow

#92 Postby willow » Thu Mar 30, 2023 7:09 pm

John T wrote:In about 6 hours or so the Captains Meeting will vote on which country will host the 2030 FCWC.

Ireland, which has a long tradition of long range shooting, put in a bid, of sorts, in 2013 and again in 2017, which Australia supported.

If Ireland will commit to permanent attendance at FCWC, it would have my vote. Otherwise, we must bid.

This was decided a couple of days ago:

https://nraa.com.au/competitions/media- ... pionships/

RAVEN

#93 Postby RAVEN » Thu Mar 30, 2023 9:45 pm

=D> =D> an amazing result FO Australia
everybody has worked very hard since 2017 to get to SA lots of hurdles conquered
and the result show that well done =D> =D>
I doubt that most ppl understand the commitment required and in this events location and C19 plenty had been put in front of the team to derail them
those that know would understand.
Rod D you're a legend M8 not another WFC gold but a gold medal performance scratching out third amongst a very strong SA & USA marksmen & women =D> =D> =D>
Little Bro the best every result well done. =D> =D> =D> =D>
Now down to business boys & girls you have scared them NOW SHOW THEM Y :wink: :wink: [-o< [-o<
RB :D

saum2

#94 Postby saum2 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:22 pm

Anyone know who is in the final 8 team for FO & FTR?

RAVEN

#95 Postby RAVEN » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:25 pm

the team has nothing to do with the final 8
the team has been selected and every member will have a very important part to play regardless of roll.

AlanF

#96 Postby AlanF » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:49 pm

RAVEN wrote:the team has nothing to do with the final 8
the team has been selected and every member will have a very important part to play regardless of roll.

Spoken like a true team leader Richard!

However we will probably know as soon as the first range results are published (late tonight our time hopefully) via https://2021fcwc.com/fcwc-2023-results/.

What irks me is they rarely mention any names other than the shooters in the results. Arguably, the coaches are at least equally deserving. This omission also occurs with most Australian team events.

RDavies

#97 Postby RDavies » Fri Mar 31, 2023 6:25 pm

AlanF wrote:

However we will probably know as soon as the first range results are published (late tonight our time hopefully) via https://2021fcwc.com/fcwc-2023-results/.

What irks me is they rarely mention any names other than the shooters in the results. Arguably, the coaches are at least equally deserving. This omission also occurs with most Australian team events.

Well I can tell you the coaches are Stuart Braund, Jason Mayers and Lowell Tillack.
We have just shot the first range and the coaches did awesome And are working in well together

Daveh

#98 Postby Daveh » Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:21 pm

AlanF wrote:

I will agree with you as well Alan. As being reasonably new to the sport I think it stems from the name the sport gives the position in "the team" . Most other sports the coach is the coach and does not compete with or alongside the competitor. Pistol shooting (ISSF) does not allow the coach to talk to or even signal their competitor once the shoot is in control of the range officer.

In this discipline during the actual competition the "coach" would, in my opinion, have the most important job to do. He has the most responsibility for the team. That position needs to be renamed to Captain or something more suitable. A rowing team won't finish or win a race without a coxswain. Their coach is on the bank!.

It certainly confused me when watching my first teams event. I thought the first group shooting were learners as their "coach" was on the line helping with the scope adjustment.

Anyhow I'm one of the supporters who has been up waiting late at night for score updates and again up early to see how our shooters were going. Extremely proud of all the Aussies shooting over there!

Dave

saum2

#99 Postby saum2 » Fri Mar 31, 2023 8:32 pm

Don't be so precious Richard, the other countries have published their teams including coaches named. Results of first range for FTR on USA Rifle Team Facebook.
Update; and 2nd range at 800M

BATattack

#100 Postby BATattack » Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:30 pm

saum2 wrote:

Don't be so precious Richard, the other countries have published their teams including coaches named. Results of first range for FTR on USA Rifle Team Facebook.
Update; and 2nd range at 800M

Richard is correct through. There are 8 shooters but those shooters aren't anything without the coaches . . . . The coaches aren't useful without plotters . . . . They wouldn't have hit paper without the people in the back checking elevations and setting up coms gear . . . And none of them would have even made it to the venue if it wasn't for the managers. Everyone needs to work together bearing an even load to make the system function correctly. That's why you find people in these teams are a touch reluctant to say who does / did what because once they have been through the process they know that its a shared responsibility and all members are equally important.

RAVEN

#101 Postby RAVEN » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:26 pm

Australia is leading by 1 point
AUS 1773-182
SA 1772-186
USA 1764-179
GB 1731-158
NZ 1721-136

Go Team AUS =D> =D>
it still any one good luck to all tomorrow [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

RB

John T

#102 Postby John T » Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:04 am

Slow off the mark, but here is a reminiscence.
During the Individual at Whittington in the butts, (competitor marking) Martin Townsend asked how I thought we would go. I boasted that we had some outstanding shooters but no one was too sure about the coaches. "Why?" ask John Carmichael. "Well" I said, "they're both from Cairns and both called Dave." That got a laugh.
2013 Australia GOLD.

jASON, LOWELL and STUART, you know.

Azzopardi

#103 Postby Azzopardi » Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:57 am

Just finished the F-open coach and shooter analysis at 5:30 am this morning and sent the info back to them. By the looks of their plots, the barrels are holding up very well and the shooters have done a great job preparing their rifles.

The Coaches are doing an exceptional job. The wind pressure is constantly crossing centre line, at times with 2 MOA changes. Jason and Stuart are handling the aerodynamic jump in their stride and the members are working as 1 unit, 1 team.

There is one person that has stood out above all. Albert Van Wyk has always believed in everyone and helped keep the team focused on the goal through Covid. He has gone above expectations working with sponsors, arranging transport, travel, accommodation, inspiration, training events, more training events, and did I say more training events? Albert is a leader and through his leadership, the team that a lot of people thought wouldn't be able to compete on the world stage, is 1 point in front and 120 shots from a potential podium finish.

Right beside Albert is the lead coach, Jason Mayers. His focus on coaching is without question. His ability to build on strengths and drill down on weaknesses is an inspiration to all. Many up-and-coming shooters would do well following in his footsteps.

I had the honour of spending three years training with the team. Saw the highs and lows through Covid, the tied bodies following numerous training sessions across the nation, and team members who had to leave because of illness or an unfortunate circumstance. Every member of the F-open Team is actively searching their reserve tanks for the last ounce of willpower and tenacity needed to continue the fight, I can assure you. This squad is an example of it, and it's what makes us Ozzys.

Wishing them the best of luck as they attempt to win their third consecutive gold with just 120 more shots to go.
Regards,
Azzo

bartman007

#104 Postby bartman007 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:20 am

All I can say is Bloody Brilliant!!!

Keep up the great work. It's when you have put it all in with nothing left in the tank that you can truly say you deserve it.

There's nothing to think about but taking that next shot! One shot at a time to the end!
###

bartman007

#105 Postby bartman007 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 7:44 am

FTR team it's not over yet!

You haven't trained for all these years just to let it go.

Clear your heads and go back to basics. I know you know how to shoot and read wind, so show the rest of the world and make yourselves proud of what you have done!
###

Return to “Events”