2023 NSW Kings

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Peter Hulett

Re: 2023 NSW Kings

#16 Postby Peter Hulett » Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:17 pm

I must have been at a different Kings to most of you. What i saw was
200 shooters who had a great time. So much for voting with their feet.
No protests being submitted for the whole five days
Shooters who had a unexplained misses in the middle of a string being given another shot without penalty in almost all cases
Kongsberg log files being checked at the end of the day to ensure that targets were working well and showing consistent results
Organisers going out of their way to keep shooters happy and making sure that the competition was fair

Now that the Vic. Kings will happen in April I anticipate the complaints from a few about how they were dudded by a marking error ("must have gone down the peg", "patch blew off")

Some things never change.
Last edited by Peter Hulett on Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlanF

#17 Postby AlanF » Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:56 pm

Glad to hear that Peter. I'm now assuming you were RO? If so then your word is better than the "range grapevine". My comments about voting with one's feet were a bit premature, so I apologise for that. However I have seen situations at some past events (not under your control I should add) which did deserve that comment :D .

KHGS

#18 Postby KHGS » Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:22 am

Peter Hulett wrote:I must have been at a different Kings to most of you. What i saw was
200 shooters who had a great time. So much for voting with their feet.
No protests being submitted for the whole five days
Shooters who had a unexplained misses in the middle of a string being given another shot without penalty in almost all cases
Kongsberg log files being checked at the end of the day to ensure that targets were working well and showing consistent results
Organisers going out of their way to keep shooters happy and making sure that the competition was fair

Now that the Vic. Kings will happen in March I anticipate the complaints from a few about how they were dudded by a marking error ("must have gone down the peg", "patch blew off")

Some things never change.

Please confirm, VRA Kings is on in April not March?
Keith H.

ajvanwyk

#19 Postby ajvanwyk » Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:39 am

VRA Kings is in April,
Syme 19 - 20th
Kings 21st - 23rd
Albert
Rosedale Rifle Club
Australian Points Series

Peter Hulett