CORRYONG "1000"

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

AlanF

#46 Postby AlanF » Mon May 18, 2009 9:02 pm

To the many shooters who DIDN'T make it to Corryong, I have to say it was your loss. What a great range, and the surrounding scenery is magnificent. Thanks mostly to Paul and Tracey Deehan, it was a very well run and enjoyable event. As an example here is a photo of the two main trophies - these scopes are some of the finest trophies I have seen. Well done Paul and Tracey.

Weather was cool and cloudy with some wind on Saturday, then cloudless, calm and mild on Sunday - one of the most pleasant days I have experienced in my shooting career.

Full results are on the Match Rifle Website. Thanks to Sue Weisser for the photos and stats.

We must try to have this event again next year, and this time turn up in decent numbers, plus we need to give Paul and Tracey more support - they have no other members in their club to help. Closer to the time, perhaps we can offer them some help with things like trophies, catering, and preparing the range.

There was unfortunately a clash with a couple of other Victorian events which didn't help numbers, but I'm sure we'll find a suitable date next year. Perhaps we can try to find a date on this forum with input from F-Class, MR, BR and not forgetting local events in Corryong which can put pressure on accommodation.

Alan

VicMRPres

CORRYONG "1000"

#47 Postby VicMRPres » Tue May 19, 2009 9:11 am

Hi to all

Have just read the results and viewed the pics.

I wish I could have made it but you carnt go every where and the gear is at the bird depot to go to Blair & Bisley,

Thanks to Tracy & Paul for a magnificent job, well done. Also Sue for the stats and photoes on the web, and I guess Phill did a bit to, and to the guys that turned up, Four new faces on the mound, great, to the ones that did not show as Alan said you are the loosers,

As for the dates there are a few things on next year we have to work around, I will take all the information with me and try to get some suggestions back while I am away

Thanks to all

Regards

Greg

RobH

#48 Postby RobH » Tue May 19, 2009 9:16 pm

Congratulations Paul and Tracy on a great event. The concept of F standard and F open shooting on the same target was a winner. With the use of the super V and metric scoring the multipal possibles as normaly happens in F standard was eliminated thus no shoot-offs. Only one possible for the week-end [ Alan Frazor ] in a class field. This event proved that TR / F standard / F open can all shoot on the same target. To bring the 3 disciplines together on the one target would i believe be a great step forward. It would remove the need for host clubs to provide a special target for F open. This is the reason why a lot of the smaller clubs will not provide F open in their prize shoots.
My thoughts.
RobH

Return to “Events”