CORRYONG "1000"

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

AlanF

Re: CORRYONG "1000"

#16 Postby AlanF » Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:54 am

VicMRPres wrote:Hi Rowdy

Yes when Alan posts them on the Callander, He has had them for a week

Greg

Greg,

I have now put the earlier MR event in the MR Calendar HERE, but would rather not put the February one up until the date is definite. If you are able to change the date, then I think the F-Class turnout at both the Corryong and Geelong events will be the better for it. The original idea of the Corryong 1000 was for a new F-Class event - it seems to have changed to be part of an existing MR event, which has a date to suit the MR calendar, but not the F-Class calendar.

Alan

Rowdy

#17 Postby Rowdy » Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:02 am

Greg

Nov 1 is the Castlemaine OPM with both F Classes included. Instead of racking your brains over finding an unclashable date why not just support those shoots already in place? :idea: :?:

AlanF

#18 Postby AlanF » Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:52 pm

I have now put the Corryong 1000 flyer in the calendar HERE.

This event is still 5 months away Greg. Plenty of time to find a better date :D. I've just been speaking to another Vic F-Open shooter who like me was very keen to shoot at both Geelong and Corryong. No doubt there are others.

More importantly we would like both events to be as successful as they can be.

Alan

VicMRPres

CORRYONG "1000"

#19 Postby VicMRPres » Sun Sep 21, 2008 5:03 pm

Reply to Rowdy

If you want any more meaningfull discussion regards dates etc E.mail me your name and Phone no as i am not in the habit of talking to anyone who hides behind a nondeplume.

My e.mail is gph40425@bigpond.net

Greg

Rowdy

#20 Postby Rowdy » Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:55 pm

Hey Greg,

sorry ya found my post meaningless, you did ask for feedback and i dont see i was being impolite, i only saw my suggestion had a bit of sense about it, good luck with your shoot, whenever you decide to have it :-#

VicMRPres

CORRYONG "1000"

#21 Postby VicMRPres » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:39 pm

Sorry Rowdy

I did not mean that your comment was meaningless, it was a fair comment. what I wished to discuss with you was the whole Match Rifle planning and implementation, Including the inclusion of F.Class.

I would still like to talk to you on the phone if you send me your number,I wont reverse the charges,

Greg

VicMRPres

Corryong "1000"

#22 Postby VicMRPres » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:28 pm

Hi To All

As Stated further up the page This Match is definately on on the date on the flyer, Dring out youe biggest gun, and have a go, Put Your Money where your mouth is, Stand up and be counted, I need some more sayings to get people motivated I will even have a target with the bull that we will be shooting on at the World match in England If anyone wants to have a practice.

If you want to talk more send a e.mail

Regards

Greg

VicMRPres

CORRYONG "1000"

#23 Postby VicMRPres » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:40 pm

Hi to all

Hi Pete

To All you can entre at the Corryong "1000" after you have a free cup when you get there. we dont expect anyone to pay in advance like some who have already done so.

Greg

VicMRPres

#24 Postby VicMRPres » Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:03 pm

Hi to all

Much more of this weather and you will need your air conditioning and wellies at gelong

Regards

Greg

VicMRPres

CORRYONG "1000"

#25 Postby VicMRPres » Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:56 pm

Hi To all Especially Pete,

He knows who I mean, I wont try to convert any more F Class A's, B's or opens to Mountain Fever. But I have some good news for him I will give your phone no to a top shooter who is moveing to Gellong in the very near future.

Regards

Greg

VicMRPres

CORRYONG "1000"

#26 Postby VicMRPres » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:28 am

Hi To all

In view of the last 24 hours of extreme weather conditions and deverstation should there be similar conditions being forcast prior to the match on the 21st and 22nd we will have to cancel or postpone the match.

Any shooters who are planning to attend send Tracy and Paul an e.mail with your phone no so we can contact you should we have to call it off at short notice. E.mail tdeehan@bigpond.net.au

I will be leaving on the 12th so dont send anything to me after bedtime on the 11th

Regards to all

Thanks

Greg

AlanF

#27 Postby AlanF » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:26 pm

This is unofficial but I have been told from a reliable source that this event will not be happening this weekend - not sure of the reason - probably fire risk. It may be held at a later date - I believe April is being considered.

If there is no Total Fire Ban (forecast says probably not) then the Masters Games at Anakie will still be on. So if anyone was torn between the two events, and opted for Corryong, then there is still time to get an entry in for Geelong. Click HEREto register and pay online.

Hope to see you there.

Alan

ratshot

CORRYONG 1000

#28 Postby ratshot » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:26 pm

Al you bet us to it, yes the Corryong 1000 has been cancelled due to the high fire risk up here at the moment and the possibility of a total fire ban being declared. Have been on the phone all day informing people that it has been cancelled, people are a bit worried about leaving their properties at the moment and some of the roads coming to this area are still closed. We are looking at having the shoot in April does anybody have any beef with the 18th and 19th of April.We were thinking about having on the 4th and 5th of April but the Man From Snowy River Festival is on in Corryong therefore we have no accomadation left at all. Huge possability that it could be on the 16th and 17th of May?????

VicMRPres

CORRYONG "1000"

#29 Postby VicMRPres » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:16 pm

Hi to All

Have finaly arrived home and re connected all plugs.

I appoloigise for any inconvenience caused by the cancelation of the match but as it turned out it was the correct discission even though it was not a TFB. The temp on the mound at midday was 40+ and sunday not much better .

The match will now be held on the 16th 17th May so Please support Paul and Tracy by attending, I dont think that I will be there as my gear will be on its way to Scotland.

I trust that most of the F.Class shooters will now support this match as it is a result of their request and I will thank all in advance as it will be a bit late when I get home.

Thanks to All

Regards

Greg

AlanF

Re: CORRYONG "1000"

#30 Postby AlanF » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:36 pm

VicMRPres wrote:...The match will now be held on the 16th 17th May...I trust that most of the F.Class shooters will now support this match as it is a result of their request ....

Greg,

Those Victorians who won't be going to the Stawell 2 day OPM on the same dates may support it, but I'd imagine the Stawell people won't be over the moon. Any other weekend in May would not clash with a Victorian OPM.

Why not do a proper job and make it Easter to clash with Glenrowan :D :D ?

Alan

Return to “Events”