Trans Tasman F Class Championship January 2024

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Tim N

Re: Trans Tasman F Class Championship January 2024

#31 Postby Tim N » Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:31 pm

No worries
It’s a bit of fun doing some reporting.
F open was won by Sean Campbell
Who shot superbly throughout the comp
Finished with a 59! At the 1000 in tricky conditions
Magic Mike Chui from NZ second
Josh Foster in third - another great shooter from northern NSW
Must be something in the drinking water
Or the support team he has travelling with him

FTR won by Daniel Galea
Followed by Marty Kelly then Mr Stevens

Once again it was a great event on manual targets in a beautiful but challenging location
Easy enough to get here as it’s just next door for the Aussies

Make sure you put on the to do list!
We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. Archilochos 680-645 BC

charlieboy

#32 Postby charlieboy » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:32 am

@Daveh CFTR or FTRC is what we call classic FTR.
Its shot with 155 grainers just like TR, I'll start the debate but in my mind is the trueist FTR as it must be close to what the original intention of shooting with a scope (FTR) was meant to be. As dreamed up by Mr F.
Remember the original idea was to provide aids such as a scope and a bag / bipod so people could still enjoy the sport.

Its also shot from a bipod, not a rest. So for a smaller initial outlay you can get shooting in Classic FTR just by slapping a scope on that old TR rifle and putting a bipod on the rail, add a rear bag and you are good to go!

It was great to meet you guys and have a beer. I even ended up with a great shirt!

cheech

#33 Postby cheech » Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:24 pm

Well done everyone I’m sure you all had a great time .

Any word on the Barnard situation while you were there ?

6.5x55ai

#34 Postby 6.5x55ai » Tue Jan 16, 2024 3:52 pm

Their building has recently all been repainted. Mate saw a facebook entry the other day stating they were running again. A few hours later he rechecked and the facebook entry had disappeared...

Daveh

#35 Postby Daveh » Tue Jan 16, 2024 9:32 pm

charlieboy wrote:@Daveh CFTR or FTRC is what we call classic FTR.
Its shot with 155 grainers just like TR, I'll start the debate but in my mind is the trueist FTR as it must be close to what the original intention of shooting with a scope (FTR) was meant to be. As dreamed up by Mr F.
Remember the original idea was to provide aids such as a scope and a bag / bipod so people could still enjoy the sport.

Its also shot from a bipod, not a rest. So for a smaller initial outlay you can get shooting in Classic FTR just by slapping a scope on that old TR rifle and putting a bipod on the rail, add a rear bag and you are good to go!

It was great to meet you guys and have a beer. I even ended up with a great shirt!

Thanks Charlie.. So basically F-Standard off a Bipod! Or just a smarter FTR shooter who doesn't bash the $hit out of their shoulder hanging on to 200+gn projectiles that you can no longer buy!!

Looks like it was a great event.

Thanks to Tim for his commentary and updates.
Dave

wsftr

#36 Postby wsftr » Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:00 am

Just a correction to FTR c Rules - its the same as FTR apart from the boolet weight.
Bipod rule applies to FPR.

FTR-Classic
NRANZ FTR-Classic class shooting rules (August 2020)

The rules for FTR Classic are the current FTR rules with the addition of TR ICFRA rules T2.19.2.1 & T2.19.2.2

T2.19.2. Bullet: T2.19.2.1. The .308 bullet diameter will be between .3075” and .3085”. No single bullet may exceed 156 grains in weight (or the factory tolerance for 155 grain ammunition where factory ammunition is in use).
T2.19.2.2. The bullet diameter for .223 Remington will be between .2235” and .2245”. No single bullet may exceed 91 grains in weight (or the factory tolerance for 90 grain ammunition where factory ammunition is used).

F-PR Rules A. Rifles shall not exceed a calibre of .308 inch B. Barrel length shall not exceed 715 mm (28.15 inches) measured from the bolt-face to the muzzle. Barrel length excludes the length of a suppressor if used. C. The rifle and ammunition combination used must be capable of maintaining projectiles velocities above the speed of sound from the firing point to the target. D. Rifle weight with bolt, bipod, suppressor, scope and magazine* (*if detachable) shall not exceed 9.6kgs. E. Any rifle scope may be employed F. The action and the stock shall possess a magazine cut-out G. Rifle can be fired from either a bipod or from a bag placed under the forestock. H. The width of the forestock shall not exceed 66mm (2.6 inches). I. Bipods must be of a commercial folding leg design (e.g. Harris, Atlas, Accu-Tac or other similar commercial design). Bipod spikes are permitted. Other forms of front rests, joy-stick style bipods (ie SEB joypod), and mechanical front rests are not permitted. J. A rear bag or rear mono pod may be used. K. Suppressors are allowed. Muzzle brakes are not permitted.
Last edited by wsftr on Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

charlieboy

#37 Postby charlieboy » Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:34 pm

Not quite right there @wsftr from the way I read you.

FTR classic is The same rules as FTR but limited with projectile weight (155) shot from same style bipods as FTR. It is in the same weight limit of 8.25 Kilos
Maybe thats what you were trying to say but I could have interpreted it differently.

FPR is more akin to a hunter style system, different calibers permited, squeeze bags and folding bipods.

wsftr

#38 Postby wsftr » Mon Feb 05, 2024 7:56 pm

charlieboy wrote:Not quite right there @wsftr from the way I read you.

FTR classic is The same rules as FTR but limited with projectile weight (155) shot from same style bipods as FTR. It is in the same weight limit of 8.25 Kilos
Maybe thats what you were trying to say but I could have interpreted it differently.

FPR is more akin to a hunter style system, different calibers permitted, squeeze bags and folding bipods.

Bullet weight not rifle weight - but the actual copy of the rules below my words would have clarified that. However I've amended original post.

Return to “Events”