SWDRA Scoped Rifle Shoot - Coolilup

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Mark Hamersley

SWDRA Scoped Rifle Shoot - Coolilup

#1 Postby Mark Hamersley » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:53 pm

Hi All

I had the pleasure of participating in a 2 day shoot at the Coolilup range last weekend. On Saturday we shot 2 10 shot matches at @ 300m, 2 10 shot matches at 400m and a 10 shot match at 500m (time was short!) on full bore targets with a super V. On Sunday we shot a 15 shot match at each of 700, 800 & 900m on Palma targets.

F Open, F Std, scoped rifle and modified scoped rifle classes all shot together. 40 odd shooters were present on the Saturday with the numbers falling away somewhat on Sunday. In the end Graham Oates (Open) won the F class aggregate from Jo Hallam (Std) in a shootoff after some fine shooting over the two days.

It was a most enjoyable weekend with a great bunch of people all enjoying a yarn or three and some shooting as well. A number were not NRAA members and seemed to thoroughly enjoy themselves, perhaps some will join up as a result. A very positive way of bringing shooters together and introducing those with hunting rifles to F class.

Congrats and thanks to the SWDRA for supporting F class and again running a fine competition.

best regards

Mark

Quick

#2 Postby Quick » Fri Dec 19, 2008 1:10 pm

I wanted to go to this shoot but didnt have a scoped .308. I hope there is more like it.
Shaun aka 'Quick'
Yanchep, Western Australia

308 Win F/TR & F-S
7mm F-Open Shooter.

Sam Walker

#3 Postby Sam Walker » Wed Mar 11, 2009 9:28 am

Coolilup is the only place I've shot F Class, prior to moving to the NT, a great bunch of shooters there, friendly and helpful to the newcomers. Graham Oates was showing the way back then too.
Sam

Return to “Events”