No Teams To Bisley but maybe NZ

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

bennf

No Teams To Bisley but maybe NZ

#1 Postby bennf » Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:54 pm

Well it is with great regret that I have informed NRAA that we will not be able to field a team to Bisley this year.

I thank the few people who put their hands up for the team in the end and will keep you in mind if we get another chance.

For those of you who offered raffle items and help with fund raising I thank you for your commitment. It is people like you that make an effort like this worth while.

On a lighter note I have asked NRAA to consider arranging a Teams match in NZ next year and preliminary investigations are underway.

For this to go ahead we would need COMMITMENT, from potential shooters from the day they nominate till the day we leave.

Whats the general consensus anyone this this is a good idea?

Benn Farrawell

AlanF

#2 Postby AlanF » Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:24 pm

Thanks for giving it your best shot Benn. As I've said to you a couple of times, it was a huge ask to get things up and running in the time you had available - we need to take a leaf out of the US team's book and start the process about 3 or 4 years out. This will allow time to raise some serious sponsorship dollars, and plan all aspects thoroughly which will make it more attractive for shooters and hopefully they will commit and stay committed.

Regarding NZ, you should be aware that unlike Australia, their F-Open numbers are far greater than their equivalent of F-Std (T/R F-class I think they call it). So we shouldn't assume they will be able to field a team in F-Std.

Alan

Matt P

#3 Postby Matt P » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:32 pm

Alan
F Open numbers are bigger everywhere compared to FS (FTR) the only difference between here and everywhere else is the target.

Matt P

bennf

F Open

#4 Postby bennf » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:53 am

Yeh I noticed that while looking at their competition results.

I was not just looking at a F T/R team though

I think we need to start getting people within F Class to start thinking about traveling and this might be the way

Benn

LarryB

#5 Postby LarryB » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:36 am

Benn,
I am extremely sorry to hear that OZ will not have a team (Open or F/TR if I understand correctly) at Bisley this July. I hope you will reconsider and put one together. It is not the same when the down-unders are not around. We really enjoyed shooting with you guys in 2002.

AlanF,
Contrary to popular opinion we don’t have any “serious sponsorship dollars”, in fact it is almost all self funded other than what the team has managed to raise from raffles, etc. My wife and I are joined at the hip and therefore it costs me double. As you wrote it does take a lot of commitment and planning though.

Larry Bartholome
USA

Madracer

#6 Postby Madracer » Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:05 pm

a aussie team to nz would be good
the nationals have a free day for f class when they have the teams matches as well so there should be time for a NZ vs Oz match.
one problem is i dont think the Ftr shooting standard would be high enough here to feild a team, but who knows the skill levels may rise in the next year.

bennf

No Team

#7 Postby bennf » Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:15 pm

Hi Larry

It is a shame but there is no chance now to get a team together.

I will push to get a team up and running at another date and match

Good luch at the Champs

Return to “Events”