A Great Little Prize Meeting in Vic This Weekend

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

AlanF

A Great Little Prize Meeting in Vic This Weekend

#1 Postby AlanF » Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:22 pm

I want to put in a special plug for the Rosedale OPM this year - most will have already decided what they're doing this weekend, but if you're still a chance to come, read on.

I've been at the range several days over the last week as have a few others and this will be our best OPM yet. We have a magnificent new set of flags and poles (same as Bendigo) on both sides down the full 1000yds of the range. Rosedale is one of the "truest" ranges in Australia and these flags will be a great asset for the master wind-readers. The trophies are great, the range is looking very clean and tidy, and we have all paid marking (including the famous "twins"). Entry is just $25 per day, camping including showers is free, as is afternoon tea on both days. And we like to do things the traditional way with a piper for the chairing in of the winner. Throw in the infamous 1000yd One Shot Wonder novelty event, and last but not least ALL profits from the whole meeting will go to the Bushfire Appeal.

So if you were ever going to say "Bugger it - I'm going to Rosedale!" then this is the year to do it.

CLICK HEREfor more details about the meeting, including instructions on how to get there.

Alan

AlanF

#2 Postby AlanF » Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:09 am

A brief report on Rosedale. Numbers better than expected, with both F-Classes having bigger entries than last year. TR numbers down though. We had a few drive a long way (Warrnambool, Kaniva, Wangaratta) - we appreciate that.

Weather was cooler than usual, with moderate winds on Saturday, then stronger on Sunday, but no rain. The strong wind surges a bit at Rosedale, so it wasn't always easy at the shorts on Sunday - many had a worse daily agg than for the longs on Saturday.

There were some notable F-Class performances - Ken Melgaard shot very well to take out F-Std A and was a clear winner on the MCSI rating, which rates performance across all classes including TR. In F-Std B, Cliff Jones, who shot from a bench (he is over 90) was neck and neck with the best F-Open scores until he had a disastrous 47 at the last range. And in the 1000yd One Shot Wonder, Brad Cook had the closest ever with his shot just 53mm from the middle. Brad was shooting his first OPM in F-Open using a 6BR.

In F-Open we used the Super V, and scored it out of 60.10. As you can see, the results would have been different if scored out of 70. But I believe it brought the scores closer together which is a good thing.

Should be good again next year - we'll have the Vets PM on the Friday.

Alan

Return to “Events”