F-Open Diary from Queensland Queens

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

AlanF

F-Open Diary from Queensland Queens

#1 Postby AlanF » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:46 pm

I've just had a call from Marty and Cameron from the bar at the range! Instead of doing a diary they will call me each evening, which is very good of them I think you'll agree.

There are 16 shooters!!!

Calibres as best as Cameron can work out : Marty Lobert 6BR and 284, Cameron McEwan 6BR and 284, David Stewart 6.5x55 improved, Julie McEwan 6BR and 6.5x55, Andrew Pearce 6 Dasher, Annie and Stuart Elliot 6.5x47 improved, Barry Lewis 284, Bryan Bull 260 Rem, Miechelle Knudson 6BR, Rod Davies 6x47 and 284, Kelvin Bell 6x47 and 6.5-284, Karl and Christopher Bell probably similar to Kel, with Phil Jones and Donald Bennetts unknown.

Conditions were great at 300, a little tricky at 500, wind stronger from the right with drop-offs for the first 600, then a lighter headwind at the second 600 but tricky as it flopped over from one side to the other.

Congrats to Marty for getting the daily agg today.

Click here for Day 1 Aggs

Alan

AlanF

#2 Postby AlanF » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:52 pm

Marty has called again. Not a lot new to report today except that conditions were inclined to be patchy. He was full of praise for Meichelle Knudson who won the first 900 today and is lying 6th in the progressive agg.

Progressive totals of those realistically still within reach of the lead are : Cameron McEwan 768, Marty Lobert 763, Annie Elliot 756, Rod Davies 754, Stuart Elliot 754, Meichelle Knudson 749, David Stewart 749.

Congrats to Cameron for winning the daily agg.
Queens Day 2 Aggregate

I hope everyone has their fair share of luck at the longs tomorrow, but of course they usually don't :D :D

Alan

AlanF

#3 Postby AlanF » Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:30 pm

Marty rang about midday to say it was all over, but the results took a while to be posted - they can be found here :

Queensland Queens Aggregate

Congratulations to Cameron McEwan on a fine performance throughout. =D> Marty kept at him right to the wire getting a magnificent 99 at 900yds and they were all square going into the the last range (1000 yards). I understand Cameron put the runs on the board early, and Marty fell just 3 short. Congratulations also to benchrest maestro Stuart Elliott who took out the daily agg and edged out Rod Davies for third overall. Conditions were reasonable at 900yds, but at 1000 the left and right winds were apparently taking turns - some shot through the changes and others preferred to wait them out. It was a large and very strong field so all credit to Cameron.

In F-Std well done Bob Pedersen =D> - that's two Leadups and Queens on the trot. And another performance in F-Std which probably went unheralded was that of Rick Schoones who in TR terms did not drop a shot throughout the Queens (i.e. no 4s).

So thanks to Marty for keeping us in the loop by phone. Having shot the Nationals, FCWC at Bisley and now Queensland over the last 8 weeks Marty is intending to have a break for a few months, but no doubt he'll be chafing at the bit again soon. You'll have to put up with me for the next 3 Queens - I should be at NSW, SA and ACT.

Alan

Cameron Mc

#4 Postby Cameron Mc » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:18 am

Thanks Alan

Back home in the real world now.

It was a really enjoyable shoot with lots of class opposition. That made winning even more enjoyable.

Regards
Cameron

RAVEN

#5 Postby RAVEN » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:14 pm

Congratulation
Cameron =D> Not quite Marty :wink:

Congratulations to Bob =D>

Looked like a good field of shooters in both disciplines

also well done to all :) :)

Cameron Mc

#6 Postby Cameron Mc » Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:35 pm

Photos and a movie of the QRA Queens on Annie & Stuart Elliot's site. Well done.

http://www.benchrest.com.au/gallery.htm

Cameron

BRT

QRA Queens photo slideshow and video

#7 Postby BRT » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:46 pm

Firstly congrats again to you Cameron. Very well executed. Well done to Marty also.
For Annie and I it is always an enjoyable event. It's the only F Class of the year we get time to shoot and we enjoy the good company and excellent facilities at Belmont. It also reinforces my thoughts about why I prefer to sit down on a seat and shoot from a proper bench! :) Bloody hell that lying down is uncomfortable.

As Cameron has said I have posted a new set of photos and a short video of Annie shooting from the F Open at the QRA Queens in a slideshow link on our website. I am sure most will find them interesting although I must apologise there is a slight bias of photos of us because we took plenty with the intention of displaying F Class style of shooting on our website.

They are in the "Gallery" section. Just select the slideshow you want and click the blue hyperlink. It will fire up in Photobucket. Once the photos start click on "slow" transition at the lower left area. For the video it will open in Photobucket and then you click on the thumbnail picture.
Once these are finished just click the back button to return.
www.benchrest.com.au

Enjoy,

Stuart Elliott

Return to “Events”