ACT QUEENS

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

bruce moulds

#31 Postby bruce moulds » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:33 am

yes i like shooting with my fellow open shooters, and voted for that at alan's meeting at the sara queens, but i would also like to make this point.
to emphatically demand we all shoot together is to defeat the purpose of the superv.
one example of this is if there are 14 shooters in open. in order for us to make it easier for the organisers, (read make ourselves more welcome), it makes financial sense to have 1 target with 10, and put the other 4 somewhere else.
another situation might be where there are 6 open shooters, & & 2 standard & 2 fullbore overflow shooters cancome on our target.
these kind of things are often non negotiable.
the beauty of this target is that it offers a degree of versatility to suit various situations, thus offering more opportunities for us.
such things are the art of compromise.
bruce.

KHGS

#32 Postby KHGS » Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:44 pm

bruce moulds wrote:yes i like shooting with my fellow open shooters, and voted for that at alan's meeting at the sara queens, but i would also like to make this point.
to emphatically demand we all shoot together is to defeat the purpose of the superv.
one example of this is if there are 14 shooters in open. in order for us to make it easier for the organisers, (read make ourselves more welcome), it makes financial sense to have 1 target with 10, and put the other 4 somewhere else.
another situation might be where there are 6 open shooters, & & 2 standard & 2 fullbore overflow shooters cancome on our target.
these kind of things are often non negotiable.
the beauty of this target is that it offers a degree of versatility to suit various situations, thus offering more opportunities for us.
such things are the art of compromise.
bruce.

Very well said, a step in the right direction. Not all traditional Fullbore competitors are (in fact the vast majority are not) anti "F" Open. Keith H.

Return to “Events”