SARA Queens F-Open Diary

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

AlanF

#16 Postby AlanF » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:26 pm

Matt,

There will be a "bedding in" period with the Super V introduction, and this will affect F-Std too if its to be used full-time for them. If we are all squadded together (with TR), I believe there will be hiccups with scoring plus some confusion when looking at the targets through a spotting scope, mainly from TR shooters.

At prize-meetings, which are more relaxed than Queens, we could muddle our way through, but at Queens, I can imagine some serious problems with this, which could actually cause hostility between TR and the F-Classes. From what I can gather, at overseas shoots, F-Class are not squadded with TR at major shoots.

Alan

IanP

#17 Postby IanP » Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:33 pm

Matt, If I understand what Richard has stated above, then he is agreeing that at local open prize meetings we can all be squadded together with TR. This is the practical thing to do at small meets with low numbers in attendance of both f-class and TR competitors.

At the big meetings like the recent SA Queens when we have good numbers of FO shooters in attendance then we can be squadded separately. This is what was discussed at the meeting and all FO shooters wanted to be squadded together. I learned a lot competing in the Queens event with my FO peers as squad members. If I was squadded with TR, I would not have gained anywhere near as much knowledge or had anywhere near as much fun!

FO and FS comprised 30% of the competitors at the Queens event in SA with the numbers being 109 for combined TR and 41 for combined f-class. F-Class is growing in SA and numbers are increasing in both FO and FS.

Chopper

#18 Postby Chopper » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:19 pm

It may be easier to have Fo and FS together , with the same target, it would be easier for the organisers to put together, target rifle can be on there own at this stage ?? If FO has better gear and they are good wind readers ,the scores should show , if this happens the scores would be intersting, as i think there would not be much in it ,Chop.

RAVEN

#19 Postby RAVEN » Sun Oct 11, 2009 10:19 pm

Chopper
IMO The common target with break down alot of the myths about about FO equipment.
RB :)

Return to “Events”