rifle shooters "blue book" ??

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

chappo555

rifle shooters "blue book" ??

#1 Postby chappo555 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:18 pm

In my LGS the other day I came across a shotgun "blue book" for NSW that lists every club with every minor and major shoot calender as well as practice days and range opening times.

I have never seen anything similar for rifle shooters. I know the SSAA mag lists shoots that are either National/state events or events that a certain club wishes to advertise.

My question here is would people be interested in a rifle book or event calender available on the net for all the different shoots at all the different clubs, range locations, range contacts, opening times etc ??

If there is sufficient interest and people can email me their 2010 range calender I would be happy to put something together if the MODS can post it when its done.

I know at my local range we have some great local comps every week but only two or three shoots every year are actually advertised outside the local members. Seems a shame as through word of mouth I have found many shooters happy to travel reasonable distances just to compete in some one elses local comp. Its a great way to shoot against other competitors and meet new people.

Please let me know your thoughts on the subject.

cheers
chappo555
"only accurate rifles are interesting"
Col Townsend Whelen

AlanF

#2 Postby AlanF » Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:52 am

Its a very commendable offer on your part Chappo. The NRAA has a calendar of events HEREbut it doesn't go into the detail you're wanting. My concern is that you'll find it very hard to get everyone on board unless there is a big enough carrot or stick, and if it can't be relied on to be a complete calendar, then it will lose its appeal. I've had a few things on this website along those lines, and you'll get some groups who support it, and others who don't. You can try pushing the reluctant ones, but human nature says you'll have to keep pushing them forever. My advice would be start it for a particular state or locality so that it becomes widely used and successful there, then invite other states/localities to join.

Alan

timothi3197

#3 Postby timothi3197 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:10 am

All the shooting organisations are their own worst enemy in this regard, I belong to five and only one is willing to talk to the others it seems.

Serves them right if they fade away through lack of membership, a paranoid bunch at times. :lol:

If you are willing to do something Chappo then all the best, you are to be congratulated for trying =D>

Return to “Events”