ICFRA Target at Rosedale this Weekend

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

AlanF

#1 Postby AlanF » Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:59 pm

F-Class Open shooters will get a preview of the long range ICFRA target at the Rosedale 1000 yd picnic shoot on Sunday. It will have a super V added and be scored out of 60.10. Maybe a few F-Std shooters will be interested too - the way things have been recently, they could be well in the hunt with this type of scoring.

Alan

agro

#2 Postby agro » Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:28 pm

I'll see you there

IanP

#3 Postby IanP » Fri Dec 04, 2009 8:14 pm

Let us all know what you think of shooting on the new target. Does the target incorporate the super centre or is it a stick on?

Ian

AlanF

#4 Postby AlanF » Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:06 pm

Ian,

I haven't seen it yet, but have made a stick-on for it.

Alan

John E

#5 Postby John E » Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:25 am

What were the results from Moe and Rosedale, please? How many starters in each grade? How did the ICFRA target go?

John

bobped

Super V Stick On Centres

#6 Postby bobped » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:15 am

Apparently at the NRAA Workshop Weekend on 13th & 14th Nov. the unanimous recommendation from the State Members to the NRAA board was that the Super V be used for all Classes (TR, F Standard & F Open) in future. The Super V to count as an ordinary Centre for TR, and as a 6.1 for Standard and Open).
It was recommended that for the time being, stick-on Super V's be used, at least until after the World Championships at Belmont in 2011, where the standard ICFRA targets (without Super V's) are to be used.
Another recommendation was that the NRAA try and source ICFRA Aiming Marks that are One Piece or at the worst, Two Piece, rather than the stupid Four Piece ones that are sold at the moment.

Peddo

AlanF

#7 Postby AlanF » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:29 am

John,

Both meetings had a good turnout - 51 for the 3-5-600yd OPM at Moe then 38 for the 1000yd at Rosedale. F-Std numbers were good at both, particularly for F-Std B. F-Open numbers were down, particularly at Rosedale (12 last year, 3 this year) but nothing to be alarmed about because of individual circumstances. Paul McCarthy won F-Std A at Moe, and 91 yo Cliff Young cleaned them up at Rosedale. In F-Open Mike Waites won Moe and Wayne MacFarlane at Rosedale. I hope to have results up by tomorrow night (in Melbourne today).

Bob,

Agreed about the 4 piece target - its a pain.

At Rosedale, only F-Open used ICFRA. I made super Vs, but they forgot to put one on, so we shot the standard target. However under the conditions at 1000 yd the super V was not required. We actually got a good taste of what it'll be like for those who get a few 4s - on this target a poor 4 becomes a 3 - I know because I got one :cry: . Scored out of 60 I got a 46 at the first range, then gained some respectability with a 56 at the second.

As expected its not good for sighting in mirage - the rings look narrower than current targets. But the old saying applies again - its the same for everyone.

Alan

agro

#8 Postby agro » Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:46 am

The introduction of the ICFRA target for January 1st was briefly mentioned at the end of the Moe meet plus some rules changes as well.
When will these rule changes be posted??
January 1st isn't that far away and the clock is ticking down.
I would like to see what impact these may be.

AlanF

#9 Postby AlanF » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:26 pm

Wayne,

Its all been decided at NRAA level. The VRA polled all members via clubs. Its probably too late to object, so the best way forward is to look on the bright side, which is that F-Open will now use the same target and scoring as F-Std, which means we'll be more likely to be catered for by OPMs which currently don't.

Alan

agro

#10 Postby agro » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:23 pm

Change(s) are inevitable but it's the change management process that is critical.
I don't want it left to the eleventh hour to find out how I'm effected.

Return to “Events”