F CLASS WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS 2013

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

AlanF

Re: 2013 FCWC

#16 Postby AlanF » Thu May 12, 2011 8:48 pm

John,
John T wrote:Let's make sure we get it right this time. There's just under 2 years and 3 months before the Teams fly to America. NOW is the time to start thinking realistically about how you might be part of a well led, well equiped and well prepared Team.

Getting started early enough is I agree important. Its also important for the NRAA to do likewise. Last time some of us began planning in August 2006, a full 3 years before the Bisley event. The first ad for Captain and Manager nominations did not get into the ATR until January 2008, and that was mainly due to James Corbett, who wasn't the Competitions Director at the time, but fortunately got involved and pushed it. In the same ATR, there was an ad for Captain of the TR Team for the World Championships 2011 at Belmont! I think this is good illustration of where F-Class stood in the NRAA priorities at that time. However, something has changed. We now have Bob Pedersen on the Board, and I know he is currently looking at the Raton FCWC and Australian Team participation. So I'm more optimistic this time, but in case the team doesn't eventuate, I've decided to make my own arrangements to get there regardless. I guess that's what you and Marty did in 2009.

John T wrote:As for a bond, it would not have worked in 2009 and it won't be needed for 2013, if we get it right. And if we don't, it won't matter.
That's your opinion John. I think a bond would have eliminated the "gunnas", and given a definite indication of numbers, and uncertainty about numbers was the main problem.

Alan

actionclear

#17 Postby actionclear » Thu May 12, 2011 8:56 pm

If teams are to be formed, they need to be done in a professional manner.

The job of Captain and Manager needs to be taken seriously.

- When chosing teams, the BEST shooters on form are selected.

- The balance of shooters that have not made the team should be ranked.

- Shooters selected have 14 days after the team announcment to withdraw. If they do not, then they must commit.

- Committed shooters must pay small amounts monthly into an account.

- Those on rank may pay in lump sum if called up.

- Only allow withdrawal in event of death or illness. If withdrawing just for the sake of it, they forfeit all monies paid in, and that goes towards the cost of the team.
Linda

.308 Scoped Rifle

Western Australia.

actionclear

#18 Postby actionclear » Thu May 12, 2011 9:18 pm

Australian F Open and F/TR teams will also be getting an invitation to the South African Open 2013.

The events are out there, and the invitations are extended to Australian shooters.

We have the talent. We just need the teams!
Linda

.308 Scoped Rifle

Western Australia.

TOM

#19 Postby TOM » Fri May 13, 2011 9:10 am

Common sense would suggest that if you are wanting to succeed you need the best shooters and best coaches, but in reality, an event such as this will not get the best shooters to put their hands up, It's almost always the shooters who can afford to go that end up in the team, rather than the best. If the NRAA is serious about sending the best team to compete, they need to put in, balls in their court to make the first move.

actionclear

#20 Postby actionclear » Fri May 13, 2011 5:12 pm

Can I ask why we are waiting on the NRAA to support F Class teams?

Can we not orgainse and run our own seletion process, select Captains, Managers, Coaches, Shooters, and then submit to the NRAA for approval?
Linda

.308 Scoped Rifle

Western Australia.

RDavies

#21 Postby RDavies » Fri May 13, 2011 7:52 pm

I think this attempt at making up a competitive team will go better than before. I didnt even know about Bisley until a month or two previously, so maybe not many others knew about it. For this event, a lot of the higher ranked shooters know about it and are serious about going. Still gotta work on a few others though.
A few shooters said the paperwork to get to Bisley were too hard and costs were too high in U.K. These arent as much of an issue in USA, especialy if the Ozzie dollar hangs in there.

As for support from NRAA, I think the ball is in our court to get the ball rolling and once we have commitment from shooters, coaches,managers etc, then maybe they will help if we can prove it wont be a white elephant.

I like the idea of shooters paying a bit monthly to go towards the costs. Sorts out the tyre kickers and by the time of the shoot, the costs are half way towards being paid. I think this will have to be administered by NRAA.

Can anyone tell me what sort of things the NRAA does to help Target Rifle shooters in over seas comps?
Do they help with paperwork/legalities/shipping etc.

actionclear

#22 Postby actionclear » Fri May 13, 2011 8:15 pm

The NRAA offers no help to the target rifle / palma teams.
Linda

.308 Scoped Rifle

Western Australia.

Triplejim

#23 Postby Triplejim » Sun May 15, 2011 6:02 pm

actionclear wrote:The NRAA offers no help to the target rifle / palma teams.

They pay the team entry fees which can be substantial.

RDavies

#24 Postby RDavies » Sun May 15, 2011 6:10 pm

Thanks James. I wasnt expecting them to provide financial assistance, so the team entry fees is a bonus. I take it that it is totaly up to the shooters to sort out the legalities, visa paperwork, shipping arrangements?

(you probably wont know about the shipping arrangements, as you seem to travel to an overseas shoot with less equipment than my wife carries in her handbag :lol: )

Triplejim

#25 Postby Triplejim » Sun May 15, 2011 7:05 pm

RDavies wrote:I take it that it is totaly up to the shooters to sort out the legalities, visa paperwork, shipping arrangements?

Team Manager handles permits and luggage.

LarryB

#26 Postby LarryB » Sat May 21, 2011 9:33 am

I am going to stick my nose in here even though it might get bashed. Some may not be aware the 2013 FCWC F/TR and F-Open teams will have 8 firing member teams. In addition there will be a "Rutland Cup" style, 4 shooters team match for both disciplines.

These smaller teams are "open" matches and shooters from any country can fire on a team and could conceivably have members from 7 countries. Since in addition to the 4 trigger pullers the team is allowed a Captain, coach and adjutant. There is no requirement that everyone be from the same country for this match. See ICFRA rule FC3.8 http://www.icfra.co.uk/FCWCConditions_2009.pdf Even if (Heaven Forbid) Australia cannot get 8 man/woman teams together you can still enter the 4 person team match.

I certainly hope you can get full national teams together and come to Raton since I am sure you will enjoy the matches; if not the long trip. We will try like heck to make it a worthwhile experience. The matches will be a free-for-all both individually and team wise. You 'Down Under' types are top notch L-R shooters and no one can count out the Brits, South Africans or Canada, not to mention the Irish who are working hard and of course the Germans or even the Netherlands. Oh, yes somebody wake up your friends in NZ.

Looking forward to see you in New Mexico,
Larry Bartholome
Lbart@elp.rr.com

RDavies

#27 Postby RDavies » Sat May 21, 2011 10:23 am

Thanks for the info Larry. Any updates are always welcome. Have they decided what the course of fire will be, ranges, sighters, blow off shot allowed etc?

LarryB

#28 Postby LarryB » Sat May 21, 2011 10:40 am

FCWC has squadded practice day then 4 days of FCWC. The course of fire will be the same as 2005 and 2009. Individual 1st day Palma course (2&15 at 8,9, 1k), 2nd day Palma +5 extra at 1k. Teams will be Palma course for two days. The range complex has a sighting in range (50-200 yards) where you can blow off on the way to 1k range.

F-Class Nationals prior to FCWC is shot at 600 & 1K both individual and 4 man teams. Practice day, one day at 600, one day at 1k, one team day, 1 day at 1k. Ten total days of shooting if you want to.

As soon as you guys pick a team captain/captains please let me know so I can keep him/he/them informed of details.

bennf

FCWC

#29 Postby bennf » Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:07 pm

As the 2009 FCWC Captain that ended up with no team, I would like to offer these thoughts.

DONT suggest that you would like to join the team unless you have $6-10K to spend on the event and the lead up trials.

DONT think that you will just turn up and shoot, someone will need to put thier hand up early and take on the Captain's roll and that of the Manager.

DONT sit and wait to see who else is nominating to see if its a good team and will it win. I had a few people say that I dont think we will have a good enough team so they wouldn't nominate (pathetic ). It was nothing but the piss poor atitudes of the F Class comunity that failed to get a team together in 09.

If you take these 3 things on board then please please nominate early if nominations havent been called for then call up NRAA and ask for them to be called.
The more people who ask now about nominations the earlier you can get a team together.
There are a lot of people out there who will help you get a team together. A lot of Australian TR reps who have been there and done that will help out ( Thanks Tripple Jim for your support last time).

I was so disillusioned with F Class after the failed 09 team that I have given up shooting all together.

The brand new rifle that I built for the event is up for sale on the Equipment pages.

If you do get a captain and a manager to get the team off the ground then make sure you support them all the way. Its a masive undertaking to get the team together and unless the wider F Class community gets behind it this time then why should NRAA give to hoots about international events for F Class.

Just my two cents worth.

Benn

John T

2113 FCWC

#30 Postby John T » Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:04 am

BENN.

I am very pleased to hear of you.

The disgrace of 2009 is not forgotten by three of us, but do not abandon the sport.

Come back, join the experience! Hands up for Raton 2113!

Regards,
John T.
12-7-11

Return to “Events”