Rosedale 5 x 60's - What cleaning regime ?

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

ecomeat

Rosedale 5 x 60's - What cleaning regime ?

#1 Postby ecomeat » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:57 am

Phenomenal shooting, Mr Fraser ! Hopefully it will be put into the record books where it surely belongs.
Would you please share your cleaning regime that you employed pre-shoot and during the two days ?
Ie how clean was your barrel when you lay down on the first range...... And what cleaning (if any) was done by the time you fired your last shot on the Sunday ?
Do you use a borescope ?
It would be great if some other shooters would share their normal routines as well.
The last two club shoots, for the first time in a very long time, I have been able to "keep my sighters" , which I credit to the use of Aubrey's Froglube CLP. Before that it has been a case of cutting them, every damn time, no matter how good the final scores might have been.
Regards
Tony
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

AlanF

#2 Postby AlanF » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:25 am

Thanks Tony. My cleaning regime is probably not everyone's cup of tea - I tend to be more aggressive than most. My 7mm policy is to clean daily regardless of how long the barrel may go without a clean. I use bronze brush and Short Scrub (3 applications and approx 10 strokes each way), and if there is time, leave it without patching overnight. Then one bronze brush application, patching out with meths then dry patch. With most barrels there is some copper, so I apply Sweets vigorously with a nylon brush till it froths then the froth breaks down, then patch that out immediately, noting any resistance. If there is resistance then I do the Sweets again. Finally its a patch or two with meths followed by a couple of dries, then moly bore paste applied on a patch (I moly ALL projectiles). I do use abrasives such as Iosso occasionally (for rough throats).

Alan

Norm

#3 Postby Norm » Fri Mar 22, 2013 8:54 am

Good one Alan! Great advice on cleaning.

But don't give away all your secrets............ :twisted: I saw those special homing pigeon bullets you were using.

Return to “Events”