FCWC Official ozfclass.com Blog

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

RAVEN

#181 Postby RAVEN » Sun Sep 08, 2013 7:32 pm

I am curious as to whether "the team" is all shot out for a few weeks, or if you are all mad keen and ready and rearing to shoot some more ? Any or many of you going to NSW Queens, for example ? Club shooting as normal next weekend ? As per Alans post, it was obviously mentally and physically taxing and would certainly have been no holiday , accompanied by what I can imagine as one of the greatest high's of your lives when the team F Open team won gold..........you may all need counselling ......or is the competetive spirit stronger than the need for a few days off ? I would love to ascertain the degree of your addiction !
Tony

Well Tony I can tell you that one week in Las Vegas was a great way to celebrate.

I would like to express my honour and gratitude to the management Jenny and Julie for doing a wonderful job in being able to round up this herd of cats and get us all over there and organised the work that these two individuals undertook can never be understated.

The captain's Linda & Rod for her unrelenting passion and drive in forming and keeping the team together though thick and thin.

My fellow coach's FO & FTR for guiding the shooters through the treacherous conditions.

The shooters for their tenacity and focus in getting their rifles and equipment to the competitive standard required and having faith in us as coaches to guide their bullets to a victorious result.

The supporters whom travelled with us to Raton and the supporters and club mate back home to whom with out their assistance would have made the team’s job harder.

THANK YOU ALL

What a great experience this was for most a shooting career high just to compete on the world stage as one member said to me across the lunch table after it was over this was my dream to compete in the world's one day and never in my wildest dreams would I have though we would win and another shooter sitting next to me was in tears of joy being able to share such an experience with this bunch of great Australian marksmen and women is the most rewarding thing anyone could wish for.

Initially I hade some reservations that not all team members would pull together well I was proved wrong the team mound procedures will now be the bar that all other countries will aspire too I had a good feeling on about day 2 of the USA Nats that there would be good things ahead.

The team was quietly confident and the closer we came to the main event the more focused each individual became.

The systems put in place ran flawlessly and the coaching system developed by the 2 Daves and Pete Smith are revolutionary I would put money on the rest of the world adopting this system in the future.

We were and are now a CHAMPION TEAM not a TEAM of CHAMPIONS

The experience gained will I’m sure make us all better competitors being able to adapt and overcome is the true Aussie spirit.

In regard to the individual events all the Aussies had some great results
Being in the top 50 in the world is a monumental achievement in my view.
And having to contend with sickness, altitude and foreign environment put us all out of our comfort zone to varying extents.
The FTR team and individual performed exceptionally well considering that this is a new discipline in Australia lets hope the NRAA catch up soon and included it in the SSR’s so that future potential Australian team members get the match practise they need to even do better next WFC 2017

Marty (El Gringo) Lobert shot extremely well over the USA Nats and the Worlds with a little luck I reckon and a little unlucky not to take it out in the end a fantastic effort by a deserving marksman.

Marty also had some reloading issues in regard to case donuts and short throat but manager to over come them in time.
Dave Mc did well also although was unable to bring the form that he had been in Australia not sure what the issues were.

Reloading in a foreign environment was also something the team had to deal with basically a pain in the A
We were very fortunate that Jenny managed to arrange the Ajax rifle club house for our exclusive use this saved us many ours of extra travel and being able to leave our gear set up I think this was another pivotal thing that allowed the team to perform at its best.
Taking loaded ammo from home that was working and comparing it to the USA powder equivalent was also very valuable tool the use of MAGNETO Speed Chrony's was also a great move.
Although Rod managed to barrel one (sorry Rod) the ease of set up was a great time saver and time was in short supply.

Most found that the USA powder was a faster version than our home load and required a 1 - 2 grain reduction to get it back to the sweet spot.

Others also had equipment issues or load issues that they mostly were able to contend with the best one was Stuart and his Bat action having issues with the bolt as something was galling and causing erratic trigger release and had difficulty with closure and extraction.
No probs all you have to do is bump into Thomas (Speedy) Gonzalez and get invited to his place to have is bolt machined to correct the issue.

Being able to rub shoulders with the legends of our sport is and experience in itself. WOW
And these people are wonderful polite and helpful Stan Pate USA FTR Team for instance a true gentleman and all-round good bloke just one of many.
There are many stories to tell and I’m sure in the coming weeks these will be shared by members of the team with the forum members.

Richard Braund
Head Coach
FO Team Australia 2013 WFC

Cameron Mc

#182 Postby Cameron Mc » Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:51 pm

F Open Cup
Lighting Canon

"All the way up. high in the sky"

Marty shooting the Buffalo at 1123yds

Return to “Events”