Rosedale 500Yd Sweepstake and 1000Yd Picnic Shoots

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

AlanF

Rosedale 500Yd Sweepstake and 1000Yd Picnic Shoots

#1 Postby AlanF » Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:30 am

Next Weekend, Saturday 7th our 500 Yard Sweepstake shoot is on again, starts 1pm, $10 entry covers afternoon tea. All money is paid back in "dividends".

Next day Sunday 8th starting at 10am is the Lois Osborn Memorial 1000, extremely good value with $15 entry covering BBQ lunch, afternoon tea and trophies, namely Xmas hams in all grades including F/TR. If you haven't enjoyed the experience of Rosedale at 1000 yards, come and see it for yourself.

Flyer : http://www.ozfclass.com/rrr/pdf/LoisOsborn2013Flyer.pdf

Alan

AlanF

#2 Postby AlanF » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:01 pm

Today we had our annual 1000 yard picnic shoot in light winds. It still wasn't easy. Interestingly F-Open was outscored by F-Std and F/TR :oops: , and not to be outdone, a C-Grader pipped A and B in TR! Looks like Glenrowan's 600m range is a good place to learn 1000 yard shooting!

Here's a copy of the electronic scoreboard : http://ozfclass.com/forums/htm/1000picnic2013.htm

On the Saturday Mike Waites shooting F-Open won the 500 yard sweepstake.

Alan

ecomeat

#3 Postby ecomeat » Sun Dec 08, 2013 10:38 pm

Good to see you didn't "leave it all" behind in the States, and kept some in the tank Mr Fraser. Well done.
What the hell was Mr Southern using to score that far in front of the field ? That is a massive effort from him. Has he been running dead ? I certainly hope there was no gambling going on at Rosedale ! :D :D
And whatever Phil Jonker has been drinking, I definitely need some. Did you know that they are both barred from entering Tasmania in 2014 ?
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

Norm

#4 Postby Norm » Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:09 pm

Thanks to Rosedale for putting on such a great weekend of shooting.

I shot in F/TR in the Lois Osborn Memorial 1000. Used my old Remington 700 .308 loaded with 155gn HBC's. Shooting off a Harris Bipod and a small Red Tac Beanie bag. Although my score was not that great, it was a heck of a lot of fun.

MCLE

#5 Postby MCLE » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:32 am

Thanks to the hard working men and women at Rosedale for a well run prize meeting.It was the first time that we have been there and we only shot 1000y on Sunday but it wasn't as bad as it could have been they tell me but still tricky all the same. Shooting under that Roof in the shade is very civilised l think that it should be placed on wheels and pushed up and down the range :wink: Thanks for the Day
Michael & Liam H

bsouthernau

#6 Postby bsouthernau » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:34 am

ecomeat wrote:What the hell was Mr Southern using to score that far in front of the field ? . ..........
And whatever Phil Jonker has been drinking, I definitely need some.

Think I saw Phil consuming a Cascade Light - wonder if that's his secret weapon. I was just using my F Std gear with a bipod instead of the Farley rest. HBCs and Sierra 2155s.

Did you know that they are both barred from entering Tasmania in 2014 ?

Don't put the cart before the horse Tony, have to make it into the soon-to-be-victorious Victorian team first. I'll be going anyway as I'm fairly confident I can secure a place in the drinking team if not the shooting team.

Barry

bartman007

#7 Postby bartman007 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 11:42 am

Great shoot Rosedale. It is what shooting should be all about, great weather, great company, tricky conditions, what more could you ask for.

Norm:
Used my old Remington 700 .308 loaded with 155gn HBC's. Shooting off a Harris Bipod and a small Red Tac Beanie bag.

Barry:
I was just using my F Std gear with a bipod instead of the Farley rest. HBCs and Sierra 2155s.

Oh, since everyone is making comments about what they were using:
I used my old Barnard model P
Dodgey 284W that has never really got me many centers
Left over ammo from 18 months ago
3 legged bipod :-)

I was just lucky that I paid the marker before shooting, otherwise it could have been a lot worse. Hey Barry, I wonder if we can use that technique down in Tassie? Otherwise, I think that Cam's Apple Pie recipe is a subtle way of taking down a team :-)

Looks like I'll have to shoot 1000 yards next year, after being given a ribbing by Noel :-) After all, if the competition have left their good gear at home, I might have a chance :-)

AlanF

#8 Postby AlanF » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:06 pm

I found an old bent piece of pipe on the side of the road and a few .410 shells that'd been rattling around underneath the spare tyre for a few years.... :-({|=

bolster55

Rosedale

#9 Postby bolster55 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:18 pm

First, I ussually don't write on forums, but......

Di and I went to Rosedale to get some much needed 1000 yd practise. I loaded some different loads to try and see which shot best at 1000 yds.

So much for the tech stuff.

Now for the the good stuff, such a good weekend.
I'm not much on words especially when it comes to making speeches on the spur of the moment or when you least expect it, and "least expect it"
I did.
It was an emotional surprise and honour to win the Lois Osborne memorial 1000 and having my name placed on the memorial shield.
Di and I would like to thank all at the Rosedale club, Noel, Alan, Rae and many others that made the weekend what it was.

Thank you all
Phil

Norm

#10 Postby Norm » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:36 pm

AlanF wrote:I found an old bent piece of pipe on the side of the road and a few .410 shells that'd been rattling around underneath the spare tyre for a few years.... :-({|=

So we can expect you to be shooting in F/TR next year Alan?

AlanF

Re: Rosedale

#11 Postby AlanF » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:26 pm

bolster55 wrote:First, I ussually don't write on forums, but......

Di and I went to Rosedale to get some much needed 1000 yd practise. I loaded some different loads to try and see which shot best at 1000 yds.

So much for the tech stuff.

Now for the the good stuff, such a good weekend.
I'm not much on words especially when it comes to making speeches on the spur of the moment or when you least expect it, and "least expect it"
I did.
It was an emotional surprise and honour to win the Lois Osborne memorial 1000 and having my name placed on the memorial shield.
Di and I would like to thank all at the Rosedale club, Noel, Alan, Rae and many others that made the weekend what it was.

Thank you all
Phil

Phil,

Thanks for the kind words. I'll pass them on to the others at Rosedale. And thank you and all the others who travelled hundreds of km to participate. And congrats on an excellent performance Phil to win the event convincingly.

This was the biggest field in this event for 10 years so maybe we're finally turning it around. Despite the fact that Rosedale is known to get extremely difficult at 1000yds, its good to know that there are plenty of shooters from shorter and gentler ranges who are prepared to give it a go.

Alan.

AlanF

#12 Postby AlanF » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:36 pm

Norm wrote:So we can expect you to be shooting in F/TR next year Alan?

Norm,

You're welcome to expect it. However I've been spoiled by the ballistics of F-Open for so long, it would be too painful to adjust.

Alan :D

Return to “Events”