who is sticking around for the tazzy queens after the teams?

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

BATattack

who is sticking around for the tazzy queens after the teams?

#1 Postby BATattack » Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:46 pm

As the post suggests who will be shooting the queens in tazzy?? It would be good to finally meet a few fellow shooters!

Quick

#2 Postby Quick » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:01 pm

I'm staying for it. Unsure if I will shoot the lead up but defiantly shooting tassie Queens :)
Shaun aka 'Quick'
Yanchep, Western Australia

308 Win F/TR & F-S
7mm F-Open Shooter.

DannyS

#3 Postby DannyS » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:40 pm

What? Is there an event after the teams :D

I will be shooting F standard in the Queens.

Cheers

Danny :D

Brad Y

#4 Postby Brad Y » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:17 pm

Sadly no, I need to keep my annual leave for later in the year. But Im hoping to make it to the canberra queens.

ecomeat

#5 Postby ecomeat » Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:23 pm

I am another "No". I had a shoulder reconstruction a week ago, and will need 12 weeks to get over that , so will be all out of leave and sick leave by the time I get to Tasmania for the Teams.
Tony
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

Tim N

#6 Postby Tim N » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:34 am

I'll be there for the team shoot, won't do the lead up, will shoot the queens.
Can't wait to see the 22-250 and 270 combo in action :lol:

bartman007

#7 Postby bartman007 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:57 am

Sounds like it will be great numbers again in Tasmania. We had 37 for the Queens in Mackay 2012 as a result of the Teams event occurring there too.

Count me in for the Queens.

Tony, did you have some hot loads at Canberra. Is that why you needed the shoulder reconstruct? Those 6mm's can be devil-some on the recoil.

:P

ecomeat

#8 Postby ecomeat » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:54 am

bartman007 wrote:Tony, did you have some hot loads at Canberra. Is that why you needed the shoulder reconstruct? Those 6mm's can be devil-some on the recoil.

Sharp Michael.....very sharp !! Although I am a bit of a girl with recoil, my old SA mate Bruce Moulds reckons its quite OK to "know my limits" and he still talks to me.
No it was actually done when I recently first saw the photo online from where Chop had just set a new Australian record and possibly even a world record shooting a 0.952" group at 500 metres during a fly shoot at Wagga.
Here I was at Canberra wondering just who the bloody hell this Paul Read was........being a complete newbie myself and not allowed out much, I had never heard of him. Pretty hard to miss the 3 x 60s straight up on day 1 of the Queens.
Someone allayed my fears by pointing out that he was only shooting a 6mm.
Bloody Hobbits !!
Saw the photo and story on Chop and crashed and wrecked my right shoulder as I threw the laptop out of a window. :oops: 0.165 moa at 550 yards!!

My worst fears would be arriving in Tassie to see you, Paul Read, Paul Deehan , Alan Fraser , Rod Mahon and Greg Hunt as the first 6 faces that I knew..................who else that I know, is likely to shoot for Mexico ? Norm Nelson ? Adam Davies ?
it would probably be equally bad to run into a team of smiling assassins from SA that included names like Braund, Pavy, Roberts, Moulds, another bloody Braund, Pohl and maybe even our Qld resident Mr Janzso
At least the red hot team (Bookies favourites ?) from NQRA can and will still be proudly claimed as Queenslanders, even if they do show some signs of tropical distress. In cattle we call it tropical degeneration but we couldn't apply that term to fellow F Open shooters ! :shock:
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

bartman007

#9 Postby bartman007 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:05 am

I think it will be a pretty hot list of shooters down there.

We will need to be quite devilish with our tactics and lead them astray at the local pub, although that didn't have much affect on the NSW boys at Canberra! Do you know how the QRA and NQRA lot handle their liquor? Better stay clear of Bundy, as I think they have a head start on that.

I think you'll be pretty surprised with our final line up, once we select them. A couple of those names ?MAY? make the list....Rod Mahon and myself, but as for the rest, we are still deliberating. We are getting to the :arrow: now.

On another note: Danny, I'm placing another order for some 300 WSM stuff along with 230gn Bergers, did you want me to get you anything?

johnk

#10 Postby johnk » Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:21 am

Don't think leading astray at the pub will be a goer in Tassie. Their grog costs far more there than in Australia, so you'll be lucky to afford a stubbie each night.

Cameron Mc

#11 Postby Cameron Mc » Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:12 am

bartman007 wrote:I think it will be a pretty hot list of shooters down there.

We will need to be quite devilish with our tactics and lead them astray at the local pub, although that didn't have much affect on the NSW boys at Canberra! Do you know how the QRA and NQRA lot handle their liquor? Better stay clear of Bundy, as I think they have a head start on that. :arrow: now.

Mike
I can tell you now that liquor is the main part of the NQRA boys diet. Stealing their supplies would be the go

Cheers
Cam

Brad Y

#12 Postby Brad Y » Thu Dec 05, 2013 1:54 pm

Maybe we can bring some WA beer across and swap it. Wifebasher for XXXX, that would have to put them off thier game :lol:

BATattack

#13 Postby BATattack » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:05 pm

ecomeat wrote:
bartman007 wrote:Tony, did you have some hot loads at Canberra. Is that why you needed the shoulder reconstruct? Those 6mm's can be devil-some on the recoil.

Sharp Michael.....very sharp !! Although I am a bit of a girl with recoil, my old SA mate Bruce Moulds reckons its quite OK to "know my limits" and he still talks to me.
No it was actually done when I recently first saw the photo online from where Chop had just set a new Australian record and possibly even a world record shooting a 0.952" group at 500 metres during a fly shoot at Wagga.
Here I was at Canberra wondering just who the bloody hell this Paul Read was........being a complete newbie myself and not allowed out much, I had never heard of him. Pretty hard to miss the 3 x 60s straight up on day 1 of the Queens.
Someone allayed my fears by pointing out that he was only shooting a 6mm.
Bloody Hobbits !!
Saw the photo and story on Chop and crashed and wrecked my right shoulder as I threw the laptop out of a window. :oops: 0.165 moa at 550 yards!!

My worst fears would be arriving in Tassie to see you, Paul Read, Paul Deehan , Alan Fraser , Rod Mahon and Greg Hunt as the first 6 faces that I knew..................who else that I know, is likely to shoot for Mexico ? Norm Nelson ? Adam Davies ?
it would probably be equally bad to run into a team of smiling assassins from SA that included names like Braund, Pavy, Roberts, Moulds, another bloody Braund, Pohl and maybe even our Qld resident Mr Janzso
At least the red hot team (Bookies favourites ?) from NQRA can and will still be proudly claimed as Queenslanders, even if they do show some signs of tropical distress. In cattle we call it tropical degeneration but we couldn't apply that term to fellow F Open shooters ! :shock:

The way I think of it is if you want to be the best you have to beat the best and generally learn more from loosing than winning. Taking home a gold medal shooting against the world's best would be something to be very proud of!

ecomeat

#14 Postby ecomeat » Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:36 pm

BATattack wrote:The way I think of it is if you want to be the best you have to beat the best and generally learn more from loosing than winning. Taking home a gold medal shooting against the world's best would be something to be very proud of!

Adam,
Truer words were never spoken. That is exactly why this is looking like being an extraordinarily competetive couple of days .
For the young and old highly experienced ones it will simply be a great competition, with some interstate pride at stake in the battle for a years worth of bragging rights, and for the "newer faces"........old crusty newbies like me, and some very talented younger ones, it will be the opportunity of a lifetime to look, to learn, to watch and listen and just take it all in
I think a lot of us will leave Tasmania with far more than we went with, regardless of who eventually wins.
Now we just have to get our tactics in order.........trying to wreck Davies/Paroz/Ferrara etc with alcohol didn't really work so well at Canberra.

What would you suggest are the weaker areas in the Vic team, Adam ?
Oh and Bartman..........what do you think is the most vulnerable area of those South Australians that the WA and NT contingents could work on ....?

DannyS

#15 Postby DannyS » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:30 pm

Hi Mike, will send you a pm re my 300WSM needs, got to keep it a bit quiet from the little lady. She has already taken a liking for the Dasher.

Bugger, this is going to cost a bit. :D

Return to “Events”