Jim Cue Memorial shoot Warnambool with a pic and a thanks.

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

MCLE

Jim Cue Memorial shoot Warnambool with a pic and a thanks.

#1 Postby MCLE » Mon Dec 30, 2013 6:26 pm

A big thanks to Graham Dyson and the team at Warnambool for having another well run event.Liam & Myself could only shoot on Sunday at the marathon but the short ranges championships were today and we will drive back up on New Year's Eve for the Port Campbell shoot on New Years Day .Saturday was hampered big time by the Gods of weather as at one stage a target was blown out of the frame and blown down range .so it was called off.Sunday for the marathon was a lot better bit windy at times and most of us were beaten up at 900y but lived to tell the story.A good number of shooters turned up l think around 50 ?? but not 100% positive.A good mix of Fclass and Target rifle shooters.But again a big thanks to the Warnambool Team a huge amount of work goes into running these events and well done to them...
Michael H :)
Last edited by MCLE on Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

MCLE

#2 Postby MCLE » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:38 am

Hi thought l would post a pic of my 12 yo son Liam who had a little bit of luck winning A grade at the Warnambool comp over xmas .And a big thanks my fellow shooters that have been including him in all the banter and fun that goes on at comps (I have told him that what happens at a comp stays at the comp)helps a young fellow feel very welcome.So with my fathers hat on thanks to all.Now with my shooters hat on Bugger it he bet me again long drive home. :wink:
Michael H

AlanF

#3 Postby AlanF » Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:56 pm

Well done Liam, and well done Michael for encouraging him. I heard there was some rain and presumably a lot of wind if you got what we've been getting.

ecomeat

#4 Postby ecomeat » Wed Jan 08, 2014 7:02 pm

Well done, young fella !
Michael, was Liam using the Dolphin bipod ? If so, how does it perform from the users perspective ? Time for a short Review ??
Tony
Extreme accuracy and precision shooting at long range can be a very addictive pastime.

MCLE

#5 Postby MCLE » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:20 pm

Hi Tony no he was using our Farley.The Bipod is in SA getting a workout the Trekker II is not as stable as a Aluminium Bipod but there is always a trade off to be made when you need all the weight saving possible.Having said that it is very stable for the weight (390 gms).i am getting a Couple more of the Dolphin Bipods to play with.They are in the throws of making a new one all aluminium and the weight is going to be 500 to 550 gms and the original one that is 700gms .So we can play with setting up a FTR rifle.I suppose we all need a project.Howe is that Carbon fibre stock idea coming along ???.if you won't to have a play with the Bipod might look good on the new stock let me know it might like a holiday in QLD.
Michael H

Return to “Events”