Current Grading

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

John E

Current Grading

#1 Postby John E » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:32 pm

Still no results from Warrnambool or Port Campbell submitted to VRA, so the gradings for Bacchus Marsh were not up to date, nor will they be for Castlemaine. Pretty slack.

saum2

#2 Postby saum2 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:53 pm

Yes pretty slack as it's nearly a month since the competitions.

I shot the longs saturday 28th but it was called off after 800 yds due to excessive wind so no result. Also shot the Marathon on the Sunday but had to leave straight after shooting to get home before midnight to work the next day. I don't know where i finished.
I know who won all of the PM's in TR but I'm not much help for gradings.
Isn't there a policy for returning results to the State Asociation who authorised the Prize Meetings? If not why not?
Geoff

Barry Davies

#3 Postby Barry Davies » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:24 pm

Maybe those who do not comply and send in results for grading purposes, should not receive approval next time. ( but they would probably conduct it anyway, and get away with it. )
Yeah, pretty slack.

AlanF

#4 Postby AlanF » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:58 pm

Maybe those who normally go west for these OPMs should consider coming south-east for a change of scenery, better weather, and very efficient stats :D :D .

MCLE

#5 Postby MCLE » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:28 pm

Hi John yes it is a little disappointing.i have looked at the Target Rifle mag the last few issues and haven't found a lot about VIc comp results.As for Warnambool they told me that they would send it into the Target Rifle Mag so at least that is something.
Michael H

John S

Grading

#6 Postby John S » Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:36 pm

The policy is in the NRAA standard shooting rules. The trouble is that a number of OPM administrators do not read or comprehend the f class grading rules.

I am hoping that NRAA will receive all results and publish them.

By the way what has happened to national grading by NRAA?

John S
NSW F Class
Honorary Grader.

John E

#7 Postby John E » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:35 pm

MCLE wrote:Hi John yes it is a little disappointing.i have looked at the Target Rifle mag the last few issues and haven't found a lot about VIc comp results.As for Warnambool they told me that they would send it into the Target Rifle Mag so at least that is something.
Michael H

THEY NEED TO SEND IT TO VRA SO THAT THE GRADINGS CAN BE UPDATED BEFORE THE NEXT PM.

Not surprising this time, as it took them 2 months to submit the scores last year ( 2012 ) They're a bit slow down there!!!!

saum2

#8 Postby saum2 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:55 am

Alan,
I'd love to shoot the ranges at your PM, It's a long way for me to travel, especially if one is still working to make a living and buy shooting gear.
Geoff

AlanF

#9 Postby AlanF » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:33 am

Geoff,

I'm sure we'll see you here one day.

BTW we aren't as far away from Bendigo as it may appear. If you trust Google maps, we are 3hrs 45min from Bendigo, exactly the same as Warrnambool. There is divided road nearly all the way to Rosedale. However things can go pear-shaped if you come through Melbourne at the wrong time.

Alan

saum2

#10 Postby saum2 » Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:53 am

Alan,
The travel from Bendigo to Rosedale would make it half way, add another 4 hours for me. I'm not complaining tho.
Just wish the VRA sponsored more PM's at our state range, such a waste and centrally located for all users.

Geoff :wink:

ratshot

#11 Postby ratshot » Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:27 am

Barry Davies wrote:Maybe those who do not comply and send in results for grading purposes, should not receive approval next time. ( but they would probably conduct it anyway, and get away with it. )
Yeah, pretty slack.
Barry maybe the vra should put the scores up when they receive them as we have sent scores and reports in by email and snail mail over the years and not have them put up. so you should find out where the blame lays before you sling shit ,, Paul..

Barry Davies

#12 Postby Barry Davies » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:36 pm

Paul,
Whether the VRA "put them up " as you say is not my concern . My concern is that they get the results so that the grading can be updated.
Not slinging " shit" at anyone, simply stating the responsibilities of each and all who run prize meetings, the scores of which affect grading, match rifle and picnic shoots don't qualify.
Clearly the blame lies with the organizations who don't submit results.

AlanF

#13 Postby AlanF » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:00 pm

Krakey wrote:Alan,
The travel from Bendigo to Rosedale would make it half way, add another 4 hours for me. I'm not complaining tho.
Just wish the VRA sponsored more PM's at our state range, such a waste and centrally located for all users.

Geoff :wink:

Yes, someone mentioned today that you live closer to the northern Territory than most Victorians. :D

And yes its a pity about the lack of PMs held at Bendigo. Are you implying that the VRA won't approve PMs there, or won't run them? Because, there are two clubs and a DRA (or 2?) using the range regularly. That is where I would expect initiatives for new PMs to come from? Or is the cost of hiring the range for PMs the issue?

Alan

Return to “Events”