WARA Queens

Results, photos of recent events, plan future events, let people know where you'll be competing.

Moderator: Mod

Brad Y

WARA Queens

#1 Postby Brad Y » Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:45 pm

Hi all

Its that time of year again with the WARA Queens being contested this weekend. Friday and Saturday mornings will see the leadup Duke of Edinburgh being shot. Its the final time the Swanbourne Range will be used by WARA for the queens. Great to see that a few east coasters are coming across.

Sadly family responsibilities has prevented me from being able to go, but I thought I would do up a bit of a spiel for it to generate some interest.

All disciplines will see some new faces amongst the more experienced shooters, great to see the sport constantly moving forward.

FS A and B, FO and for the first time F/TR will be shot on Kongsberg ET's from 300-1000yds. A bonus of the way things are set up using smart cards, is that you can log in and watch shooters live as they shoot. The link is below

http://wara.asn.au/rifleshooting/

Weather is looking interesting, with rain and some quite fresh winds forecast.

Good luck to all, and thank you for the interest in our main event of the year.

RDavies

Re: WARA Queens

#2 Postby RDavies » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:04 pm

Brad Y wrote:Hi all

Its that time of year again with the WARA Queens being contested this weekend. Friday and Saturday mornings will see the leadup Duke of Edinburgh being shot. Its the final time the Swanbourne Range will be used by WARA for the queens. Great to see that a few east coasters are coming across.

Sadly family responsibilities has prevented me from being able to go, but I thought I would do up a bit of a spiel for it to generate some interest.

All disciplines will see some new faces amongst the more experienced shooters, great to see the sport constantly moving forward.

FS A and B, FO and for the first time F/TR will be shot on Kongsberg ET's from 300-1000yds. A bonus of the way things are set up using smart cards, is that you can log in and watch shooters live as they shoot. The link is below

http://wara.asn.au/rifleshooting/

Weather is looking interesting, with rain and some quite fresh winds forecast.

Good luck to all, and thank you for the interest in our main event of the year.

I look forwards to logging on and checking out targets as they are shot. I hope someone can keep a blog going for the comp.

RAVEN

#3 Postby RAVEN » Tue Sep 23, 2014 10:21 pm

I will be looking at this also
Unfortunately I will not be a starter and the last Queens at Swanbourne I’m sure will be something special being a part of history always is
I wish all the participants V bulls and X's

I’ve got my single malt whisky and ammo all prepped for the SARA queens ALL SYSTEMS GO
Cheers
RB

Brad Y

#4 Postby Brad Y » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:04 am

Hopefully Shaun Stoffels (Quick), Brett B, Linda or someone will be able to grace us with a daily report.

Quick

#5 Postby Quick » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:29 pm

I'll do my best. Have DRA teams tomorrow morning. Will post up results of that comp when its over.
Shaun aka 'Quick'
Yanchep, Western Australia

308 Win F/TR & F-S
7mm F-Open Shooter.

Brad Y

#6 Postby Brad Y » Fri Sep 26, 2014 12:06 pm

300yds looked quite rough, looks like the wind is playing havoc a bit. Its forecast to get worse as the day goes on and into tomorrow.

Brad Y

#7 Postby Brad Y » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:40 pm

Ok it has to be rough as guts. Congrats to Jenni Hausler on a fine 60 at 500yds, but havent seen any other 60's. Courtz Day shot a nice 59 but everyone else seems to be dropping points.

One thing about the online streaming, its hard to follow f class shooters. Some of them are shooting so fast they are getting multiple shots off and even finishing strings between updates. Score wise you only know if they got a 60 if they got a .10 behind their score. Means they didnt lose one outside the 6 ring (V) X rings its hard to follow.

Brad Y

#8 Postby Brad Y » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:49 pm

You have to go to the NRAA site for full results.

Brett Bunyan only person to shoot a 60 at 300 in FO, a couple of nice 60's in FS with great X counts. You cant half tell Im bored in an office looking at scores can you? :roll:

Mark Hamersley

#9 Postby Mark Hamersley » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:13 pm

A brief update for all.

No shooting at all today due to inclement weather. A lot of rain in the morning and early afternoon combined with strong gusty winds. The Queens program will start tomorrow morning early, 300 yards has been scrubbed, and shooting will go through lunch to make up for lost time.

best regards

Mark

Brad Y

#10 Postby Brad Y » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:08 am

Good to see you back Mark. Hopefully the weather plays fair tomorrow. Still windy and wet down here. Good luck to all!

AlanF

#11 Postby AlanF » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:50 am

Yes, welcome back Mark. Looks like healthy F-Open numbers again. And good numbers in F/TR too. Well done Denis Blechynden, Ron Hahn, Brett Bunyan, and Jenni Hausler in the Duke =D> . I hope the weather allows a good Queens.

AlanF

#12 Postby AlanF » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:52 pm

Wow, very convincing Queens wins to Brett in F-Open and Jenni in F/TR =D> . And how about Tony Whittemore, finishing ahead of the master Bill Hallam in F-Std :shock: =D> . Congrats to all the above and to Trevor Ferres in F-Std B.

Brad Y

#13 Postby Brad Y » Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:58 pm

Well done Brett, Tony, Trevor and of course Jenni! Also to Mick Forsberg from our own SWDRA in TR-A

Great to see Busselton members 2nd, 3rd and 4th in FO.

Mark Hamersley

#14 Postby Mark Hamersley » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:28 am

Shooting on both Sunday and Monday saw occasional showers throughout the day, occasionally heavy enough to stop shooting. There may have been some patches of reasonably steady wind, but not many. It was not uncommon to hear people saying they lost one out of the middle with no indication from the flags. "Where did that come from?" was heard a good few times. Despite the weather it was a great atmosphere, good to meet some interstate shooters too. The better wind readers rose to the top and well deserved their wins! Congratulations to them all, very well done. Congrats too to all the other competitors and the organisers for making the event a success.

I believe the gnome was taken out by a TR shooter at 900 yards :-). For those not familiar with this WA practice, a small garden gnome (about 3 or 4 inches wide) is placed at 900 yards and for a small donation to a childrens cancer charity a single shot may be taken at it. I think the funds raised so far exceed $5,000 thanks to the generosity of shooters.

Anyway, despite the weather it was an enjoyable (if challenging) Queens. Looking forward to the next one, wherever it may be held.

best regards

Mark

chrisw91

#15 Postby chrisw91 » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:24 pm

It was a great shoot besides the amount of rain we had but it made everyone want a win more. finishing 3rd in f open for my first queens was a good feeling. go the mighty dashers.

Return to “Events”