Forster Datum Dial Measurement Tool

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

IanP

Forster Datum Dial Measurement Tool

#1 Postby IanP » Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:33 am

Wow, saw this tool on acurateshooter.com this morning. It measures headspace, oal and projectiles, etc. Uses a rotary dial for different calibres and fits on to your digital calipers. This tool replaces lots and lots of Hornady comparators and adapters.

http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/201 ... nt-system/

Ian

bsouthernau

#2 Postby bsouthernau » Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:09 pm

I'm starting to think you're an equipment junkie Ian. :lol:

As I'm only fanatical about loading .308 and the Redding Instant Indicator I already have seems quicker and easier in operation I don't think you'll lure me into one.

ON THE OTHER HAND in the thread on the A&D balances a while ago you and others made mention of Omega powder tricklers. I meant to ask at the time - what are the advantages of these over the extreme low-tech hand-operated Simplex I currently use?

Barry

IanP

#3 Postby IanP » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:09 pm

bsouthernau wrote:I'm starting to think you're an equipment junkie Ian. :lol:

As I'm only fanatical about loading .308 and the Redding Instant Indicator I already have seems quicker and easier in operation I don't think you'll lure me into one.

ON THE OTHER HAND in the thread on the A&D balances a while ago you and others made mention of Omega powder tricklers. I meant to ask at the time - what are the advantages of these over the extreme low-tech hand-operated Simplex I currently use?

Barry

Barry, when the Omega is working, it works well. It feeds by using a vibrator at the bottom of the powder hopper. Push the button and the vibrator shakes powder down the feed tube. Every now and again the 2208 granules form a log jam and you need to tap or empty the tube to get it started again. Stick with your simplex as I dont think the Omega is a significant improvement over the manual tricklers.

As for me being a equipment junkie, it depends if the equipment is going to speed up the reloading process or make it more accurate. It has to do one of these things before I consider buying it.

Ian

Return to “Equipment & Technical”