McMillan F-class stock issues and others compared?

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

AlanF

#61 Postby AlanF » Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:54 pm

DaveMc wrote:... also agreed it effectively was the same as a conventional rest wrapping over flat stock on the right (WHICH WOULD BE DEFINED AS CLAMPING AND RIFLE COULD NOT BE LIFTED SO AGAINST THE RULES)....

If that was inspired (subconsciously of course :D ) by the drawing of my stock Dave, I need to say that the side profile of the forks is different from what is shown on the drawing. The real ones have 20mm high sides where the front bag contacts. This drawing is what I am considering doing next because it would both save weight and increase stiffness. The drawing is the same as actual in all other respects. I have made 5 of these fore-end/clamp assemblies each attached permanently to an "operational" 7mm barrel.

To ease the concerns of casual onlookers I may have to glue a couple of lightweight sides onto the forks...

DenisA

#62 Postby DenisA » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:33 pm

Have any of you guys been keeping an eye on Doan Trevors vid clips that he releases to Youtube. His work seems to be nothing short of awesome.

I Love watching these vids even if they are extremely short.

I just saw short a clip thats shows some fibre glass layers between laminated layers of a light weight looking timber blank.
It reminded me of some comments on this thread.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka_o8mvAR3g

He has lots of great pics on his website too.

Return to “Equipment & Technical”