V blocks and bedding ?

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

mike H

#16 Postby mike H » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:57 pm

I have used a V block with my Barnard model P since new,about eight years ago,no other bedding material used.Cannot fault the system,also doesn't have problems with water or oil getting under the bedding .To give you an idea how effective they are,I will tell this little story. A few years back a shooting member of an Australian rifle team travelled around 1,000 kilometres to an important team training session,on arrival he found that the bolt for his rifle was at home,to say he was distressed would be an understatement and the Team Captain wasn't happy.Another person,not in the team offered his rifle and ammo but due to different builds of the two persons the rifle wouldn't fit,after a quick bit of thinking they swapped his stock to the loaned rifle,as well as swapping the trigger because they had different trigger blades.The plan worked and all was well,the offender did get a bit of stick from his team mates ,all good natured though.
Mike

Aubrey

#17 Postby Aubrey » Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:10 pm

Josh, it's shooting great, so are you, leave it alone! ;-)
Aubrey Sonnenberg
Concord RC, Sydney
Accurise: Aim for Accuracy!

bsouthernau

#18 Postby bsouthernau » Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:58 am

mike H wrote:I have used a V block with my Barnard model P since new,about eight years ago,no other bedding material used.Cannot fault the system,also doesn't have problems with water or oil getting under the bedding .To give you an idea how effective they are,I will tell this little story. A few years back a shooting member of an Australian rifle team travelled around 1,000 kilometres to an important team training session,on arrival he found that the bolt for his rifle was at home,to say he was distressed would be an understatement and the Team Captain wasn't happy.Another person,not in the team offered his rifle and ammo but due to different builds of the two persons the rifle wouldn't fit,after a quick bit of thinking they swapped his stock to the loaned rifle,as well as swapping the trigger because they had different trigger blades.The plan worked and all was well,the offender did get a bit of stick from his team mates ,all good natured though.
Mike

And for those who don't know the miscreant's saviour was his big brother who's a very kind-hearted soul.

KHGS

#19 Postby KHGS » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:21 am

Of course these rifles would have been Barnards!!!
Keith H.
mike H wrote:I have used a V block with my Barnard model P since new,about eight years ago,no other bedding material used.Cannot fault the system,also doesn't have problems with water or oil getting under the bedding .To give you an idea how effective they are,I will tell this little story. A few years back a shooting member of an Australian rifle team travelled around 1,000 kilometres to an important team training session,on arrival he found that the bolt for his rifle was at home,to say he was distressed would be an understatement and the Team Captain wasn't happy.Another person,not in the team offered his rifle and ammo but due to different builds of the two persons the rifle wouldn't fit,after a quick bit of thinking they swapped his stock to the loaned rifle,as well as swapping the trigger because they had different trigger blades.The plan worked and all was well,the offender did get a bit of stick from his team mates ,all good natured though.
Mike
:D :D

mike H

#20 Postby mike H » Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:59 am

Of course they were Barnards.

Return to “Equipment & Technical”