Cerus stocks ?

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

Tim N

Cerus stocks ?

#1 Postby Tim N » Thu Apr 20, 2023 7:04 pm

Hi everyone
Just wondering if anyone owns a Cerus stock?
They look very nice which will probably mean many dollars!
Anyway if you have some knowledge to share please do
Thanks
Tim
We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. Archilochos 680-645 BC

PeteFox

Re: Cerus stocks ?

#2 Postby PeteFox » Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:03 pm

Kris Wilson

Tim N

#3 Postby Tim N » Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:02 am

Thanks
We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. Archilochos 680-645 BC

Ken Melgaard

#4 Postby Ken Melgaard » Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:37 pm

https://forum.accurateshooter.com/forum ... alibers.3/
Here is a link for info on Cerus stocks (Willow is Kris Wilson)

Ken Melgaard

#5 Postby Ken Melgaard » Fri Apr 21, 2023 3:38 pm

willow

#6 Postby willow » Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:13 pm

Hi Tim,

I've got a Cerus XR mate and have attached some photos. This stock was not easy to obtain, I think it's the only one in Australia. - I tried for a number of months to contact Will McCloskey with no success. In the end I went sideways through Bryan Blake to contact Will and thankfully this worked and I was able to speak with Will and place my order. The order took 12 months which I was fine with as it was something I really wanted. Getting the stock out of the US was taken care of by Reloading International. The unfinished cost was around $2700 shipped. This cost rose considerably with the inletting work done by Matt who did an incredible job and spent many hours sweating over this before he put it in his CNC machine...the RAD system obviously wasn't cheap, and painting the stock (clear coat and hypershift on the rails) sent the cost north of $4k - just throwing it out there.

I have been incredibly happy with the finished setup and in my opinion my current build shoots better than I do. It tracks better than anything I have used and comes in well under weight at 8.4kg, and felt recoil on this setup (7-6.5 PRC improved) is great, no more than my 284 Shehane which comes in at 9.5kg. I have since tried to contact Will to order another stock - I have not had success in doing so and gave up on ordering another. Plenty of others have tried to contact him and received no response. I guess he's in a position where he can pick and choose his customers as he sees fit. I've spoken to more than one person in the US who tried to contact him and also got the cold shoulder...

There may be an alternative option you may wish to consider...AS Stocks out of Italy, made by a guy named Andrea Santecroe. I suspect someone in Italy got a Cerus Gen 2 stock into the country as Andrea's design looks remarkably similar to the Cerus. I reached out to Andrea and asked him whether he would consider adding the aluminium rails to it as an option - he replied pretty quickly in the affirmative that he could do it, so I ordered two stocks from him (photos attached). English is not his first language but I didn't have any dramas in ordering what I wanted.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100072536916958

Andrea's communication was good - wait time was around 6 months. Cost is slightly cheaper than the Cerus but not by much. Now I did encounter an issue with one of the stocks upon arrival - one of them was scratched by Italian customs but this should be fixable as the stocks are unfinished and will be sanded prior to finishing, and I intend on colouring the rails as plain aluminium just looks boring. The design is not an exact copy of the Cerus, but it's clearly taken a lot of inspiration and Andrea does great work. He doesn't have the same type of maple/walnut timber that Will has, but the Olive Root timber he has also is quite unique and should look great with clear coat applied.

Not sure whether there's anything else I can add Tim. I love the Cerus to bits but it was incredibly difficult to get. The AS stocks were far easier but I've yet to use them so I can't comment on performance, they're sitting with Matt awaiting inletting. I'll be dropping a 284 Shehane and 6GT into each of them and they will both have RAD systems fitted, hopefully in the next couple of months.

Any questions, let me know.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tim N

#7 Postby Tim N » Sat Apr 22, 2023 9:24 pm

Hi Kris
Thanks for all the info
The rad system will definitely be needed on the 6GT 8)
They look like a good alternative to Cerus
Thanks again

Return to “Equipment & Technical”