New to reloading - 155gr non-Palma projectiles for F-class???

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

Jbarton

New to reloading - 155gr non-Palma projectiles for F-class???

#1 Postby Jbarton » Tue Aug 15, 2023 11:20 pm

Started loading a month or two ago, getting there but still need too know some things.

I was curious if my .308 155gr Sierra Matchkings (Non-Palma would work for F-Class, or would it be better to get a larger bullet or get the Palma variant of the 155gr Sierras. Currently shooting my .308 using: 45 grains of AR2208 in ADI cases with 155gr sierra matchkings.

GregW

Re: New to reloading - 155gr non-Palma projectiles for F-class???

#2 Postby GregW » Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:31 am

I take you are talking about "F" standard. All 155 grain bullets on the market are quite accurate, and that is the limit on weight. There is, and always has been "a flavour of the month" among shooters. Talk to someone who gets consistently good results in competition. Good Luck!

Greg W.

Tim L

#3 Postby Tim L » Wed Aug 16, 2023 11:37 am

I shoot FTR rather than Std but to answer your question. Shoot what works.
Given the time that goes into load development I'm reluctant to just change something unless its not working.
There's no reason why they won't work and if you're happy with your MKs just stick with them. If you think they are underperforming it might be worth trying other options.

Rich4

#4 Postby Rich4 » Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:02 am

While some 155s are better flightwise, accuracy will trump that in calm conditions, I’m assuming you are referring to the old Palma 2155, they normally tune easy so in fstd you may not be as far behind as you’d imagine, I’m actually using the nosler custom comp which is pretty much the same pattern, you may also find as many points in getting a solid rifle balance and repeatable bag setup as any ballistic advantage from another projectile, especially if you have a good supply already

Return to “Equipment & Technical”