New MDT Field Stock

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

Weairy

New MDT Field Stock

#1 Postby Weairy » Wed Sep 13, 2023 8:54 am

Hi all,

For interest sake, I bought one of the just-released MDT Field stocks for a rifle I’ve been putting together.
$390 posted from Cleavers.

These are designed to be MDTs answer to the KRG Bravo.
Features M-Lok slots along 3 sides of the forearm, sling swivels, AICS magazine pattern with exposed quick-release, alloy bedding block, adjustable cheek piece, adjustable length of pull with spacers, barrel channel big enough for Varmint or bigger barrel. Everything you’d want in a stock, it has, for a very low cost. Awesome upgrade for a Sporter class rifle.

My only negatives on it are the cheek piece is quite high (I tend to apply little to no cheek pressure, so it’s not ideal for me, still plenty workable) and the lack of QD sling points.

Currently only available in Rem700 RH SA pattern.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Josh Weaire
Nagambie R.C.
I'm not Craig, if you want to contact him, email on c.weaire@bigpond.com

Lachlan

Re: New MDT Field Stock

#2 Postby Lachlan » Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:50 pm

The XRS is the answer to the Bravo, being similar prices and build quality. If you stack the field chassis up against the Bravo you’d find a poorer quality product for half the price.

It’s a great option for stock upgrades however!

Weairy

#3 Postby Weairy » Wed Sep 13, 2023 12:54 pm

Lachlan wrote:The XRS is the answer to the Bravo, being similar prices and build quality. If you stack the field chassis up against the Bravo you’d find a poorer quality product for half the price.

It’s a great option for stock upgrades however!

XRS is $800, Bravo is $915, Field is only $380, big price difference. AICS pattern mags for that money is value in itself.
Josh Weaire
Nagambie R.C.
I'm not Craig, if you want to contact him, email on c.weaire@bigpond.com

CamoWhamo

#4 Postby CamoWhamo » Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:35 pm

Could you measure the LOP for me?

MDT's info is lacking at the moment. I'm over 6' and like a long LOP so usually have to order a spacer set.
But i can't find the specs or even the details about what spacer set is needed for this stock.

Return to “Equipment & Technical”