Spuhr mount - Chinese copies

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

PeteFox

Spuhr mount - Chinese copies

#1 Postby PeteFox » Tue Jan 30, 2024 10:51 am

I have used Spuhr mounts since I first started F Class, they are excellent if heavy mounts.
The price has always been painful @ $495 for the one I purchased yesterday. While doing my web search, a link popped up on AliBaba with an identical looking mount for 20% of the BRT price.
Spuhr are aware of this and they say it's made of lower quality alloy and not made to tolerances - but they would say that wouldn't they. It's a bit of a generalisation without specifics, so I'll take that with a grain of salt.

The link is here >> AliBaba

I didn't buy one, I bought the real item, but looking at the photos on Alibaba you cannot tell the difference, it's all there down to the patent numbers.

So I guess this is a bit of a heads up for anyone buying a bargain on eBay or used guns, especially if it's without the box.

Counterfeit item
counterfeit.jpg

Anyone bought one?
Pete
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PMcC

Re: Spuhr mount - Chinese copies

#2 Postby PMcC » Wed Jan 31, 2024 7:48 am

I noticed that they only offer the SP 3002 model

Only thing missing in the pics is the Sphur logo on side of mount, even the fonts look the same

PeteFox

Re: Spuhr mount - Chinese copies

#3 Postby PeteFox » Wed Jan 31, 2024 8:40 am

Another site with different colours and height options >> https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005972050122.html

Mount with 34mm tube option >> 34mm

Look hard enough and you can find a NF ATACR 7-35 for $450
Pete

Return to “Equipment & Technical”