Importing Dima stocks?

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

BATattack

Importing Dima stocks?

#1 Postby BATattack » Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:00 am

Has anyone imported a Dima stock recently? If so what was the process? PM me if you prefer.

pew_pew_pistola

Re: Importing Dima stocks?

#2 Postby pew_pew_pistola » Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:28 am

I have one on order at the moment. As far as my knowledge goes (based on talking to the supplier and others who have bought them) it is no different then buying anything else from overseas. It gets shipped out to you like a regular item and presumably have to pay customs duty on it. I do not think there is any weird restrictions on stocks in terms of importation.

If you mean the actual ordering process, I did it online through their website, after conversing with them via FB messenger to get questions answered. Hopefully that is of some help despite not having completely 'done it' yet.

PeteFox

#3 Postby PeteFox » Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:42 am

So, no B709A form required?
Has anyone actually imported one without the B709A?

the info quoted below is from the ABF website >>. https://www.abf.gov.au/importing-export ... s/firearms

"Firearm Parts
To import firearm parts into Australia, importers must first obtain written certification from the police firearms or weapons registry in their state or territory or written permission to import from the Attorney-General's Department prior to importation."

Perhaps someone who has imported a stock without a B709A could chime in here.

Pete

Razer

#4 Postby Razer » Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:33 pm

The actual list is rather ambiguous as it mentions stocks but only those adjustable by more than 120mms. It doesn’t specify which way, whether length or height! All rather vague, most likely on purpose.
It doesn’t actually mention non adjustable stocks so they may be okay, but if you are importing a stock with an adjustable cheek piece, then you are moving into unknown territory?
Depends on what they classify an adjustable cheek piece as?
I would be contacting the State Firearms Department, they may clarify the issue, but, from past experience you well may come away more confused.

Firearm Parts
To import firearm parts into Australia, importers must first obtain written certification from the police firearms or weapons registry in their state or territory or written permission to import from the Attorney-General's Department prior to importation.
Firearms parts, whether or not complete, damaged, temporarily or permanently inoperable or unfinished, include:
a gas piston, friction ring, action bar, breech bolt or breech block
a firearm barrel
a trigger mechanism
a frame or receiver
a slide
an upper receiver
a lower receiver
a revolving cylinder
a bolt carrier
a folding stock
a detachable stock
an adjustable stock (which adjusts by more than 120 millimetres)
something other than a complete firearm, that includes one or more of the above items.

willow

#5 Postby willow » Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:00 pm

I didn't need a B709 when I imported my Cerus and AS stocks.

JezL

#6 Postby JezL » Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:08 pm

I spoke with Dima a few months ago when discussing bringing some in ... He also told me he has sold many to Aussie sellers and no B709 forms were required.

I know of another Forum member who brought in a couple of stocks without needing a b709. I bought one off him.
Regards,
Jez

BATattack

#7 Postby BATattack » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:31 am

pew_pew_pistola wrote:I have one on order at the moment. As far as my knowledge goes (based on talking to the supplier and others who have bought them) it is no different then buying anything else from overseas. It gets shipped out to you like a regular item and presumably have to pay customs duty on it. I do not think there is any weird restrictions on stocks in terms of importation.

If you mean the actual ordering process, I did it online through their website, after conversing with them via FB messenger to get questions answered. Hopefully that is of some help despite not having completely 'done it' yet.

When you say "supplier" are you referring to Dima direct?

BATattack

#8 Postby BATattack » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:33 am

willow wrote:I didn't need a B709 when I imported my Cerus and AS stocks.

How recently was that and were they adjustable?

pew_pew_pistola

#9 Postby pew_pew_pistola » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:54 am

Yes. Sorry, I should have just said Dima.

willow

#10 Postby willow » Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:16 pm

BATattack wrote:
willow wrote:I didn't need a B709 when I imported my Cerus and AS stocks.

How recently was that and were they adjustable?

I brought the Cerus into the country in 2022 and the AS stocks last year. The Cerus has an adjustable cheek piece and the AS do not.

Brad

#11 Postby Brad » Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:48 pm

Brought in two Dima stocks last year without a B709

superx10

#12 Postby superx10 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 5:06 am

An f class timber rifle stock that is un- inletted is a long long way off anything that can be used for criminal activity and that is the intent of the laws, so may be that is why no one really worries about. it

rob90

#13 Postby rob90 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 10:37 am

If your after a Dima LH F-Class stock I have one on the shelf.
Let me know if your interested.

Return to “Equipment & Technical”