Sierra pricing

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

Aubrey

Sierra pricing

#1 Postby Aubrey » Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:59 am

Has anyone had a serious look at why we are paying so much for SMK via the NRAA?

Based on a quick look at US prices, we are paying 50% more than US RETAIL prices - it does not stack up. We should be paying better than retail, and bulk surface freight can't be that much extra.

Someone is taking us to the cleaners.
Aubrey Sonnenberg
Concord RC, Sydney
Accurise: Aim for Accuracy!

M12LRPV

Re: Sierra pricing

#2 Postby M12LRPV » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:21 am

Aubrey wrote:Has anyone had a serious look at why we are paying so much for SMK via the NRAA?

Based on a quick look at US prices, we are paying 50% more than US RETAIL prices - it does not stack up. We should be paying better than retail, and bulk surface freight can't be that much extra.

Someone is taking us to the cleaners.

Have a look at the price for them at your local gun shop :shock: and you'll realise that it's not the NRAA taking people for a ride.

Aubrey

#3 Postby Aubrey » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:37 am

[/quote]
Have a look at the price for them at your local gun shop :shock: and you'll realise that it's not the NRAA taking people for a ride.[/quote]

I agree, I was not suggesting NRAA was the "problem". The problem must be further down the supply chain....

Luckily we still have a reasonably priced local option, but the Sierra price jump does not stack up at all.
Aubrey Sonnenberg
Concord RC, Sydney
Accurise: Aim for Accuracy!

M12LRPV

#4 Postby M12LRPV » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:45 am

Aubrey wrote:I agree, I was not suggesting NRAA was the "problem". The problem must be further down the supply chain....

Luckily we still have a reasonably priced local option, but the Sierra price jump does not stack up at all.

The source of the problem needs to realise that it's an option for people to import them directly and cut out the middle men.

johnk

#5 Postby johnk » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:09 pm

M12LRPV wrote:The source of the problem needs to realise that it's an option for people to import them directly and cut out the middle men.

More than likely not any more. To import from the States, you need to have a dealer's license (or some say just a B709a, but that's likely to be hopeful thinking because of the pressure they're under Stateside) & then your source in the States needs to get an export license to send the stuff to you, a license that costs them serious money - or that's how they tell it on another forum I frequent with regard to exports to Canada.

It's been more than a year or two since anybody I know has been able to import projectiles direct.

M12LRPV

#6 Postby M12LRPV » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:25 pm

johnk wrote:
M12LRPV wrote:The source of the problem needs to realise that it's an option for people to import them directly and cut out the middle men.

More than likely not any more. To import from the States, you need to have a dealer's license (or some say just a B709a, but that's likely to be hopeful thinking because of the pressure they're under Stateside) & then your source in the States needs to get an export license to send the stuff to you, a license that costs them serious money - or that's how they tell it on another forum I frequent with regard to exports to Canada.

It's been more than a year or two since anybody I know has been able to import projectiles direct.

Most places in the states just put it in the too hard basket and shut up shop for international customers.

A few didn't and you just need to find them. I know of quite a few people who have purchased projectiles in from the states recently and i'm about to do it myself. I have the B709 sitting on the shelf at home right now although it seems that customs rarely ask for them.

Return to “Equipment & Technical”