Mark Precision Optics Scope

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

wulf

Mark Precision Optics Scope

#1 Postby wulf » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:37 pm

G'day,

I purchased a "MARK PRECISION OPTICS 10-40x50 Rifle Scope SWAT" on ebay in April 2009, which suffered from a catastrophic failure during a shooting contest at Lower Light SA. The focus adjustment knob separated from the scope's main body. It appears that the the three screws that hold the focus control knob in place worked themselves out. To my luck, this happened right at the beginning of my third shoot, which enabled me to use another rifle.

I'm trying to contact the seller, who never provided a postal nor residential address for warranty purposes etc.It is still early days, but so far I haven't received a reply to may email nor a return phone call.

Has anyone dealt with this company before, perhaps filing a warranty claim. If so, I would very much appreciate to get to know the contact details and address.

It is interesting to note that the items offered on eBay

Many thanks in advance,

cheerio Berndt

johnk

#2 Postby johnk » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:47 pm

Berndt,

If you believe you have a warranty claim & the supplier won't return your email, you might have rrecourse through Paypal if that how you paid for the scope.

However, if you have slacked off the screws any time to adjust the windage & elevation knobs as most of us would do to achieve a zero to return to easily, you might be pushing it to argue that it is a warranty issue. For that matter, most of us as a matter of course check that the grub screws on the windage & elevation knobs are snugged up regularly, if not prior to every match.

It might be easier either to ask Mark Optics to supply you with replacement grub screws or check out your favourite gunshop to see if they could point you in the direction for replacements.

Incidently, have you checked that the grub screws on the other knob are snugged up?

John

stu_bear2002

#3 Postby stu_bear2002 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:43 pm

bear with me this may take awhile :roll:

In regards to their warranty the following is from the website at www.markscopes.com

Mark Optics is a family owned, company that has been manufacturing precision optical products to meet the needs and requirements of users worldwide. Mark's success has been built on our commitment to your absolute satisfaction, and our commitment to the shooting sports. It's for these reasons that we offer the Mark Guarantee.

If any Mark product is found to have defects in materials or workmanship, we will, at our discretion, repair or replace it- Free.
For warranty claims retain your invoice or receipt from your dealer and contact them directly about any issues.

i know that the email for contact with mark precision directly is info@markscopes.com

Did you send your email to the seller or mark direct?, as i just checked out the sellers feedback and overall its not to bad with a few exceptions regarding contact and communication for eg:-(1)Not a precision scope. Attempted contact with seller received no response,(2) Very fast delivery. Item as described. No TAX invoice and contact details,(3) item recieved NOT as shown,horrible communication.no resolution 6 weeks on.

my wife and i buy a lot off stuff from ebay and can only recall 2-3 drama's (1 of which was a $2,500 purchase) where products either did not arrive or were faulty/not as described and we always gave them around 7 days to reply then we would open a case with the resolution centre which tends to get them moving, or as john said if you paid with paypal you could use their protection policy and possibly get contact details from them too.

hope this helps somewhat. cheers stuey
Stiller/holeshot .22LR
Bruno mod2(sleeved) .22LR
Rem7(sleeved) 6mmBR and 6mm Dasher
Stolle panda 6PPC
Winchester 101 12g

IanP

#4 Postby IanP » Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:57 am

Whats happening Berndt??????

We are all interested to find out if there is recourse to goods sold by these people and if the warranty amounts to anything more than rhetoric.

Ian

wulf

#5 Postby wulf » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:48 pm

G'day,

I had a reply from the seller today and I will post the scope next week. Will keep you informed

cheerio Berndt

wulf

#6 Postby wulf » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:55 am

G'day,

here a quick update. An attempt of delivery was made by Australian Post on 31/03/2010, but the scope was returned to the LPO due to none attendance. The parcel has not been picked up since. Also, no further communication was received from Micheal Sokulski (Mark Precision Optics). Needless to say that I'm very disappointed about the handling of my claim.

cheerio Berndt

Return to “Equipment & Technical”