fitting new firing pin & spring on omark ?? how ??

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

jerryatric

fitting new firing pin & spring on omark ?? how ??

#1 Postby jerryatric » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:05 pm

hi, i have just recieved my new firing pin & spring for one of my omarks . CAN anybody please tell me how to fit these new parts as the closest gunsmith is over 100km away . I have taken the centre out but dont know how to release the spring ect . . yes i am mechicaly minded so should have little problem once explained to me what to do . I HAVE searched the internet but can not find what i need .. THANKYOU

jerryatric

omark bolt picture

#2 Postby jerryatric » Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:16 pm

this is how far ive got !! seems there may be a pin or otherwise holding the rest together - i know how the bolt head comes off but its the pin & spring i want to change .. thanksImage

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

rainbow

#3 Postby rainbow » Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:46 pm

hi jerry,
I found a pedestal drill and its vice were useful when I last replaced a firing pin sear a while ago. the drill chuck can be used to grasp the firing pin at the point where it flairs before the spring, while the shroud end is supported by an appropriately sized (3/4" I think it was) open ended spanner which I lay across the vice jaws (needed an open spanner to let the sear lobe pass the jaws. When you wind the drill press down the hole in the underside of the shroud will lineup with a hole through the firing pin body. Slip a suitably sized steel nail through and then you can release the pressure from the drill press. You will now find a cross pin has been exposed from the rear of the shroud. Tap this pin out, recompress the firing pin spring in the drill press, remove the nail, then release the drill press pressure (carefully!) and you should now be able to disassemble the remainder of the firing pin and spring.
Reverse the steps to reassemble.
You may succeed without the spanner, but thats how I did it.
Hope this helps,.... and that I've not forgotten any of the steps!

Good luck.

stuart.

Return to “Equipment & Technical”