Omark Bedding block dimensions

Get or give advice on equipment, reloading and other technical issues.

Moderator: Mod

Gtown

Omark Bedding block dimensions

#1 Postby Gtown » Tue Nov 06, 2012 5:04 pm

Hi All

I am looking at getting a new stock for my faithful Omark. On advice of the chap that will be making the stock he has suggested that I obtain a bedding block rather than posts.

I have had a quick search of a few places and they seem quite hard to come by. I have had an offer of access to a CNC machine to knock one out.

I would appreciate if anyone had some drawings andor dimensions that they could send on to me.

Thks in advance

Paul.

Tman

#2 Postby Tman » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:30 am

Hi Paul, I have an Omark and I have measured it at sometime in the past, to get the dimensions for a Wild Dog stock, but then did not go down the Wild Dog stock path. I want to remeasure with a set of calipers, both the stock and the action, to check and accurize the figures.

When I first set up this rifle for Fclass, there was not much information out there, but over time I was able to get some details, such as the type of suitable picatinny rail for the top, which actually suits a Savage, which I got from Ken Farrell in the US. To this stock I added a Davies bipod, and to the Rail a NF 8-32x56 BR scope.

I use this rifle for FClass, with some great success at various prize meetings, teams matches and Two NSW Queens.

I did a CAD drawing of the stock, with the depth of the bedding, position of take down screw holes and other features, as well as the position of Devcon for bearing on the action. What I want to do is to measure the action with a caliper to get the dimensions, ie diameter of the action and other figures and cross check this against the stock and amend.

At the same time I am setting up another rifle, A Barnard Action with a truflite barrel and a Forbes stock, picatinny rail to the top with a NF 8-32x56 BR scope and a Davies bipod under.

Return to “Equipment & Technical”