Iosso case cleaner

Here you have an audience of people with similar equipment needs. Chances are that someone will have what you need or vice versa.

Moderator: Mod

Forum rules
Please note the following :

Advertising of Firearms & Firearm Parts will no longer be permitted in the For Sale/Wanted to Buy Forum.
Please use the Firearms & Firearm Parts For Sale Sub-Forum.

Any Firearms or Firearm Parts advertised in this forum will be moved or deleted.

Please read the READ THIS FIRST! (Advertising Rules) for further details.
SMITHTON

Iosso case cleaner

#1 Postby SMITHTON » Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:28 am

Has anyone tried this?

Triplejim

Re: Iosso case cleaner

#2 Postby Triplejim » Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:53 pm

Yes and from memory it wasnt as effective as other cleaners
Possible may need another additive,

ajvanwyk

#3 Postby ajvanwyk » Mon Oct 02, 2023 2:43 pm

Have tried it... didn't like it at all... cases turned red and not clean. VRA shop sells Brass Monkey, really like that stuff, either by itself or in a US cleaner...
Albert
Rosedale Rifle Club
Australian Points Series

SMITHTON

#4 Postby SMITHTON » Mon Oct 02, 2023 5:45 pm

Ok, thanks for the replies fellas. I'll get some Brass Monkey from VRA.

Fire Dog

#5 Postby Fire Dog » Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:45 pm

My "Go To" for case cleaning {I have a case clean & anneal service} is Bore Tech Case Clean. Available from Q Store.
HOT water in a bucket to cover deprimed but not sized cases, 5ml of Case Clean, good pinch of Lemi Shine, small squirt of dish soap and let soak overnight to loosen crud, especially in primer pocket and reduce SS pin wet tumbling time.
Fresh load of HOT water into the tumbler barrel, 10ml Case Clean, good pinch of Lemi Shine, small squirt of dish soap AND two tbl spoons of Burnishing Compound {available from Aussie Sapphire} and tumble 1 1/2 hr, no more than two hours.
More than two hours will cause peening to case mouth and un-necessary wear of your brass.
I do de-burr the case mouths after tumbling as that removes any material that will interfere with true sizing and seating bullets into the case... Nothing worse than having a round that will not chamber due to being slightly bell mouthed after seating your projectile... {Voice of experience here... :oops:}
Cases will come out as brand new & ready to anneal {AMP machine} and will be a bit tarnish resistant due to the Case Clean.

ajvanwyk

#6 Postby ajvanwyk » Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:02 pm

CAUTION must be used when pin tumbling... I have seen case mouths entirely stuffed after 30min at a high speed...

My recommendation to everyone that asks me is no more than 20min at the lowest speed setting. Sometimes clean cases are more trouble than what it's worth... but my OCD doesn't like them to be dirty either.
Albert
Rosedale Rifle Club
Australian Points Series

Return to “For Sale/Wanted to Buy”