upcoming elections

For general announcements, and anything which does not fit into one of the categories below.

Moderator: Mod

LoneRider

upcoming elections

#1 Postby LoneRider » Tue May 24, 2016 7:21 pm

so elections are on the way,apart from the sheila in the ssaa mag[and im not sure on her],who are our firearm friendly candidates worth a vote ?

plumbs7

Re: upcoming elections

#2 Postby plumbs7 » Tue May 24, 2016 7:46 pm

LoneRider wrote:so elections are on the way,apart from the sheila in the ssaa mag[and im not sure on her],who are our firearm friendly candidates worth a vote ?

Senator Bridget McKenzie senator.mckenzie@aph.gov.au maybe the lady that u r referring too. In Qld my Mum has been handing out leaflets for Mr Vasta mp. He apparently is a sporting shooter that likes Sakos!

Senator David Leyonheljm, senator Ricky Muir and Bob Katter and his Son . And annoying on the shooters and fishers party!

Anyone else??

RDavies

#3 Postby RDavies » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:54 am

I reckon the Shooters, fishers and farmers party would be a safe bet for people in our sports.

Tim N

#4 Postby Tim N » Wed Jun 08, 2016 7:52 am

Just remember to put the greens last, or not at all if that's an option!
We don't rise to the level of our expectations, we fall to the level of our training. Archilochos 680-645 BC

LoneRider

#5 Postby LoneRider » Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:04 pm

from what ive seen on the idiot box,its 6 above the line or 12 below.
theres nothing on the SFF party web about candidates yet.
im not keen on either of the 2 major party's so the ssaa chick is out for me.[liberal lacky] even if she does shoot,she'll just do what shes told by the boss.

Razer

#6 Postby Razer » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:06 pm

The senate is where the final say is made.
I vote for the major political party that has the best financial record as with out a country that is not financially sound, then who is in the senate doesn't mean much.
The party(s) that is, and always has been the most fiscally responsible is the Liberal/National coalition. Personal choice of cause but labor has yet to produce any long term monetary policy and with a rank union leader presently promising to spend billions, I am scared stiff about the future of my kids and grandkids.
The SSAA recommend voting for a major party in the lower house, and then to vote in the Shooters, Fishers and Farmers Party in the senate( or any other 'friendly to our cause' person) but the more members of the one party friendly to us we can get into the Senate, then the more power they have by voting as a block.
The SSAA political parties have punched well above their weight in NSW much to the benefit of the average shooter. :D
It was labor, through Garrett, that stuffed Anzac Rifle Range and cost the Association big bucks to stay there. The fact that Nick Leyonhjelm worked to secured a long term lease for the NSWRA doesn't mean that his party will do any good in the lower house and could be just be a nuisance by taking votes away from a major party so effectively creating a hung parliament.
The latest SSAA magazine contains an insert devoted entirely to the upcoming election and has who is 'friend' and who is 'foe'.
The foes are; the Greens, the Greens and the Greens and an odd member or two of different parties.
SSAA has a large membership and if all shooters(over a million) vote, along with family and friends, we can, and will, get a major say in the senate which is where it counts.
Graham, I would definitely vote for someone who is a sporting shooter and likes Sako. :wink:

[url]
http://us9.campaign-archive1.com/?u=d55 ... 96f43ea96a[/url]

LoneRider

#7 Postby LoneRider » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:42 pm

im not going to get into a debate regarding the two major party's and who the biggest dickheads are between them.
im only interested in who to vote for and what party's they are in,and who they give preferences too.[if they do]
i would give a vote to the katter party,but not to bob,hes off his nut.

DenisA

#8 Postby DenisA » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:43 pm

LoneRider wrote:i would give a vote to the katter party,but not to bob,hes off his nut.

He's got some very good policies though

LoneRider

#9 Postby LoneRider » Wed Jun 08, 2016 8:55 pm

his party has,and i'd vote for his son.

bsouthernau

#10 Postby bsouthernau » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:07 am

LoneRider wrote:im only interested in who to vote for and what party's they are in,and who they give preferences too.

THEY don't give the preferences, YOU do. Vote for whoever YOU want in whatever order YOU choose.

Bart

#11 Postby Bart » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:19 pm

bsouthernau wrote:
LoneRider wrote:im only interested in who to vote for and what party's they are in,and who they give preferences too.

THEY don't give the preferences, YOU do. Vote for whoever YOU want in whatever order YOU choose.

Spot on!

My comment to the people at polling booths who hand out "How to vote cards" is, "No thanks, I have a mind of my own".

Longranger

#12 Postby Longranger » Fri Jun 10, 2016 5:54 am

When you vote please bring your own pen.

LoneRider

#13 Postby LoneRider » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:01 pm

bsouthernau wrote:

Bart wrote:
bsouthernau wrote:

Spot on!

My comment to the people at polling booths who hand out "How to vote cards" is, "No thanks, I have a mind of my own".

the head of the libs today stated,on live tv,that he would give his preferences to labour so the greens didnt get them.

obviously you know less than i do... =D>

bsouthernau

#14 Postby bsouthernau » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:14 am

LoneRider wrote:
obviously you know less than i do... =D>

Not quite sure what you mean by this. Would you care to expand a little on the differences in knowledge?

LoneRider

#15 Postby LoneRider » Sun Jun 19, 2016 11:49 am

if i vote for your party and you dont get enough vote,you give your preferences to another party. [or as far as understand it]
so my vote means squat if the party i vote for,give it to another.

or just read my other post

Return to “General Forum”