another discipline

We want to hear what your club is doing to bring in new members. Tell us what works, and give credit to those who are making the effort.

Moderator: Mod

Old Trev-39

Re: another discipline

#16 Postby Old Trev-39 » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:52 pm

Rimfire F class would still be expensive. Top R/F rifles $3000 to 4000 dollars. Still have to put a scope on top. Ammunition $20 to $40 for a box of 50. No cheaper than C/F.
Cheers,
Trevor.

jasmay

#17 Postby jasmay » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:51 pm

Old Trev-39 wrote:Rimfire F class would still be expensive. Top R/F rifles $3000 to 4000 dollars. Still have to put a scope on top. Ammunition $20 to $40 for a box of 50. No cheaper than C/F.
Cheers,
Trevor.

Run a $ Limit.... it’s what other sports do.

Have 2 classes, open & restricted.

Open = Custom rifles

Restricted = Factory with a $5K limit ready to shoot.

Ammo is variable, some of the top rifles in Rimfire BR like cheap ammo, some like more expeno. Your in excess of $1 a shot in CF, and need all the loading gear to go with it. $1000+ for a top set of scales is just a start .

Rimfire is cheaper when considering overall equipment requirements.

Old Trev-39

#18 Postby Old Trev-39 » Tue Nov 19, 2019 8:02 pm

I do very well with my R.C.B.S. M1000 beam scales. Periodically check powder loads on a friends super doper scales and they are within a kernel of each other which means jack s---.
Cannot compare an Annie 2013 "factory rifle" with a Brno mod.2 also a "factory rifle.
Cheers,
Trevor.

ShaneG

#19 Postby ShaneG » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:35 am

I will make a big call here and say the 5 current Tikka T1X I have experienced would run with a 2013 for accuracy!
Even a custom stock on one will likely see you at half the price of the Anschutz!

daj

#20 Postby daj » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:14 pm

Paul,
As someone who joined an NRAA club twelve years ago, I learnt more about shooting in those few years than I ever did as a hunter over sixty years. During my club time I enjoyed shooting FStd, FO and FTR, and made many wonderful friends. When the NRAA added Hunter Class to the SSRs I thought "at last", a discipline more closely matched to my field shooting. However, under the SSRs, adopting new disciplines in full is optional, club to club, and as is their democratic right, my club voted against full implementation. ie no brakes, no mags, both being steps too far.
I now shoot what I like, how I like with the SSAA and hope to get a local LRP (Long Range Precision) comp up and running in the near future.
David

budget

#21 Postby budget » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:32 pm

daj wrote:Paul,
As someone who joined an NRAA club twelve years ago, I learnt more about shooting in those few years than I ever did as a hunter over sixty years. During my club time I enjoyed shooting FStd, FO and FTR, and made many wonderful friends. When the NRAA added Hunter Class to the SSRs I thought "at last", a discipline more closely matched to my field shooting. However, under the SSRs, adopting new disciplines in full is optional, club to club, and as is their democratic right, my club voted against full implementation. ie no brakes, no mags, both being steps too far.
I now shoot what I like, how I like with the SSAA and hope to get a local LRP (Long Range Precision) comp up and running in the near future.
David

hi david and thank you for your reply,
i wish you all the best with getting your precision comp under way.
i was trying hard to have some constructive input into my thoughts on a discipline that would both be challenging and relatively cheap to get into.obviously it would have to be tweaked somewhat,you just have to use some imagination.anyway it as usual was met with some distain and i feel it is now better left unsaid .
kind regards paul

Return to “Helping F-Class to Grow”